What Kind Of Steamer Would You Reccomend..

Decorating By grandmaruth Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 12:58pm by jillangel

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 3

I have seen them use a steamer on the cake shows and wonder if some of the less expensive steamers i see advertised...steamer/cleaner....would work? also...the spray guns for painting cakes....would the ones they sell at Michaels , for example, in the painting section....be ok if just dedicated to cake painting...or are they a special kind for cakes? thanks for you help....in advance ruth

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #2 of 3

I have a Joy Mangano My Little Steamer and I just love it. It holds a lot of water, gets up a head of steam very fast, and has a nice long cord. I found one on Ebay with free shipping and it came to less than $20. Smaller travel steamers are worthless because they don't hold enough water.

If you're talking about an airbrush, yes, any one of those at a hobby store is fine, as long as you use it only for edible airbrush colors for cakes.

Rae

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 3

I was going to suggest a 'worthless' travel steamer icon_wink.gif mine works perfect and I paid $5.00 for it. Never had a problem running out of steam. (Maybe on a larger cake you might but then I would just refill it) Also if you have a Joann's fabrics by you, you can use a coupon (competitors if necessary)and get one up to 50% off as long as it isn't fabric. Joann's by me will accept it for irons, steamers etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%