Doing The Happy Fondant Dance! Yoohoo!

Decorating By TabLea Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 4:37pm by cindy1176

TabLea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabLea Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #1 of 11

I am soo happy with my most recent cake! This is the first cake I have covered with fondant that I didn't have to "doctor" up! I feel like I have finally figured it out! It didn't tear or desolve! It was 90 degrees also!

Doing the happy dance icon_smile.gif But really I would love for you all to look and tell me what I need to improve on....your not gonna hurt my feelings at all icon_smile.gif

I also know his eyes are a little off but hey it was 1 am and I was sleepy...But I was still doing the happy fondant dance icon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gifhttp://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1421002.html

10 replies
cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:25am
post #2 of 11

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it. I dont see anything wrong with his eyes.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 11

Too cute! I love the bananas! You did a great job and you should be dancing icon_biggrin.gif

TabLea Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:45am
post #4 of 11

Thank you so much for the kind words. I have only been doing cakes since March so I know there is ALOT for me to learn. It all started when my 9 yr old wanted a Mario Mushroom cake and I knew nobody around that could make it. So I made it myself and as I cursed the evil mushroom cake and cried over the evil mushroom cake, and then right as I was about to throw it out the kitchen window.... I was like ya know I really had fun and I know I can do better....

So the journey begins and my hubby fussing about dinner as I sit and make my cakes and he has to eat take out! HA HA!! icon_cool.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:27am
post #5 of 11

LOL! I see what you mean about the eyes, but I'm sorry, I think it just makes him look cuter. That cake is SO cute & its hard to believe you just started in March. GREAT JOB!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 5:33am
post #6 of 11

Cute cake. I would have like to see a pic of the cake with a plain background. All the 'stuff' there and the 'stuff' on the table distract from the cake.

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:37am
post #7 of 11

very cute! Look at those perfect tiny bananas, love the happy monkey too. Good job! icon_smile.gif

TabLea Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you so muchicon_smile.gif

Mensch: how do you get a picture without a background? Usually I stink at taking pictures period and then usually I forget until the last minute and snap one with my cell phone thumbsdown.gif

LaBellaFlor: ha ha! Thanks and yes only since this Marchicon_smile.gif the blacks in the eyes are chocolate chips with flat sides up...lol Oh I did a fire helmet cake for the chief of the fire dept and it ended up in the paper..

I have only been doing them so far for friends or friends of friends. The most I have charged for a cake is $60 and that was the first topsy turvy. this one was free since it was for my nephew and I was giving the shower

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:57am
post #9 of 11

That's a great looking cake!

What brand of fondant did you use?

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 11

First, I'd be doing backflips if my cake came out that perfect! Freakin awesome! Go to the craft store and grab a tri fold poster board and put it behind your cakes when you take a photo. You can also get black and white ( or whatever) fabric sheets at the store and drape over the board for different colors. That cake is soooo cool!

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:37pm
post #11 of 11

I certainly cannot find anything "wrong" with the cake..it is adorable, original and down right cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%