Your Excerising Routine?????

Lounge By majormichel Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 12:45am by MichelleM77

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 20

Ok, I am trying to get back into shape after having my baby 9 months ago. I am thinking about ordering Billyblank cootcamp elite (http://www.billyblanks.com/product/store/bootcampelite/all+titles/billy's+bootcamp+elite&trade-.do). I understand he really give you a work out. Any CCers have his DVD or VHS tapes. What is your views? I dont expect to drop a ton of pounds in a week. Just looking for more energy. lose ome inches in those awkward places and look good. I cannot go to the gym, just dont have time and no one to babysit the kids so I have to execrise at home.

What is your excerising routine? Do you eat healthy meals? To be honest I dont eat junk food, I am a bit conscience of what I eat but dont go out the way to buy healthy food.

Macmom let me hear from you? Your advise the other day was excellent about the weight loss issue.

19 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 3:38am
post #2 of 20

I'm not a mom, but I am a nanny and have been with the little boy since he was a newborn, so that's why I am responding. For me, the easiest and most effective way for me to keep my weight in check has been to take him on walks in the stroller around the neighborhood every morning.

I actually ended up dropping more pounds. It's also a learning experience for baby because you can describe the things you see as you are on a walk. It's good for them to have outside time also.

Since babies have a routine, obviously, It's easier walk in in the morning right after breakfast, when he was generally refreshed and happier. It also wasn't too hot. I also matched my eating schedule to his. I don't know if you are a stay at home mom or not, but an evening walk might be better if you work out of the home.

7 AM - breakfast
10 AM - or mid morning - light snack
12-1PM - lunch then a nap
3 PM snack then a nap (if i didnt take the earlier one)
6 pm - dinner
10-11pm bedtime (although I'm struggling with this one right now)

I have a ton of DVDs/Tapes...but honestly, i never do them b/c they're not motivating for me. 45-60mins goes by a lot faster pushing a stroller outside, listening to an ipod, versus watching a tv screen.
If I do use a video...it is because of a rainy day or something. Usually I will just add in a longer walk the next day though, if I happen to miss. I also use a video when it's super cold, but that's it.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 7:56am
post #3 of 20

I personally tend to get bored pretty quickly if I am using the same video over and over again.
I do have some videos of Billy's from years ago and did enjoy using them and will probably use them again. I've pull them out from time to time and for a starter I don't think you can go wrong with them. I now try to use the free exercise video's that are available on the on demand channels. There are such a variety available that you can change your routine a lot of times.

I also wanted to mention that some gyms offer free babysitting with the purchase of a membership. Perhaps they have something similar up there in Nova Scotia, that way not only could you have some "me" time but you could get a work out in at the same time icon_lol.gif

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 20

I've found that it is easier to go to the gym than working out at home. My gym has babysitting, so I can work out for a nice, hard workout then have time for a shower-without any kiddies hopping in with me or bothering me. Plus, the kids love it there, playing with different kids and different toys.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 20

I used to go to the gym but I didn't want to get tired so I had to quit. I had invested in nice heavy utensils--that way my arms will get a workout while eating.

Eversince, I love working my arms out. I did realize a slight increase in my weight but I knew that it was probably just muscles. Remember, muscles weigh heavier than fat.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 20

RylanTy --- That was hilarious!!!!!!

majormichel Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 20

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 2:42am
post #8 of 20

When I was a talent scout for a modeling agency (you guys had no idea I was so versatile, did you?), my job was to walk the malls looking for good modeling candidates. I actually got paid to walk the malls for hours at a time.

I lost 8 lbs in a month. And I only "worked" 4 hours a day.

Now that I'm a caterer, I laugh at my well-meaning daughter when she tells me I should join a gym. As I heft the 50-lb bag of flour out of my van, throwing it over my shoulder to carry it into the shop, I ask her, "Why? So I can pay a monthly fee for the privilege of lifting a 50 lb weight over my shoulder?" icon_confused.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm
post #9 of 20

the exercise and it's calorie equivalent

Beating around the bush - 75

Jumping to conclusions - 100

Climbing the walls - 150

Swallowing your pride - 50

Passing the buck - 25

Throwing your weight around (depending on your weight) - 50-300

Dragging your heels - 100

Pushing your luck - 250

Making mountains out of molehills - 500

Hitting the nail on the head - 50

Wading through paperwork - 300

Bending over backwards - 75

Jumping on the bandwagon - 200

Balancing the books - 25

Running around in circles - 350

Eating crow - 225

Tooting your own horn - 25

Climbing the ladder of success - 750

Pulling out the stops - 75

Adding fuel to the fire - 160

Wrapping it up at the day's end - 12

Opening a can of worms - 50

Putting your foot in your mouth - 300

Starting the ball rolling - 90

Going over the edge - 25

Picking up the pieces after - 350

Surfing the net - 15 (unless its surfing CC and salivating over all the cakes -- 150)

majormichel Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:35am
post #10 of 20

Doug and Indydebi just hiliarious.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #11 of 20

I hate to follow the comedy show here...but on a serious note, I LOVE Billy Blanks. I have several of his DVDs and have never found one that I didn't like and they're all fantastics workouts. It's the only workout routine I've ever been able to stick with. And you will get pretty quick results. I love his motivation, he keeps you going without being silly about it. If I skip a workout, I hear Billy in my head all day long..."You gotta give some to get some..." LOVE THAT GUY!! I do like the boot camp workout, but the Amped series is my favorite.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:21am
post #12 of 20

I just discovered yogajournal.com today and I'm looking forward to using the free yoga videos. I just did a couple of yoga workouts from that site today and I was really pleased that the level of difficulty was just right. The video quality was great too.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #13 of 20

I LOVE the Billy Blanks BootCamp dvd's. My favorite is the Abs Bootcamp. I also have an elliptical that I try and do at least 30 minutes on each day. I lost 10 pounds in the first month. The second month I didnt really work out that much, but instead focused on keeping that 10 pounds off. I've kept it off, and have just started working out again! So hopefully I can keep at it and keep dropping the weight! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck. It sucks in the midst of it because it's so hard, but it'll be worth it in the end. I keep telling myself that at least!!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:44am
post #14 of 20

I LOVE the Billy Blanks BootCamp dvd's. My favorite is the Abs Bootcamp. I also have an elliptical that I try and do at least 30 minutes on each day. I lost 10 pounds in the first month. The second month I didnt really work out that much, but instead focused on keeping that 10 pounds off. I've kept it off, and have just started working out again! So hopefully I can keep at it and keep dropping the weight! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck. It sucks in the midst of it because it's so hard, but it'll be worth it in the end. I keep telling myself that at least!!

majormichel Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 12:05pm
post #15 of 20

I since ordered the Billy blank boot camp elite. My son goes to tennis pratice everyday near a field, whiles he is practing I am jogging (very slow) around the track to get my heart up and my body use to execrising until I received my Billy blank DVD. Just last night I went on youtube and exercise with billy boot camp DVD #2 without the band, instead I used 2 pound drumbells and boy oh boy, I was sweating like crazy. Believe it or not I do feel better after I execrise.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 10:38pm
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I used to go to the gym but I didn't want to get tired so I had to quit. I had invested in nice heavy utensils--that way my arms will get a workout while eating.

Eversince, I love working my arms out. I did realize a slight increase in my weight but I knew that it was probably just muscles. Remember, muscles weigh heavier than fat.

Rylan You have the same exercise plan as me!!!!!!!

Those heavy utensils have added about 40 lbs of extra muscle on me!
And it soooo easy to stick to... Hhahaah

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:46am
post #17 of 20

I've never tried the Billy Blanks videos, but have been using Netflix to try out different DVDs before I buy them. The Billy Blanks videos are on there, and some of the DVDs are available for instant viewing on the computer (or tv if you have that set-up). The instant view option is great because you don't have wait until the DVD arrives in the mail. I've been able to try out all sorts of workout DVDs this way -- and a month of Netflix is even cheaper than a single DVD. Good luck!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:08am
post #18 of 20

I lost all of my baby weight (60 pounds!) by taking him on walks everyday. Easy peasy. It's the post-marriage weight that has me working hard!

Do you get FitTV? They have all kinds of different workouts from yoga and bellydancing to aerobics with weight segments. And it's free!

majormichel Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:39am
post #19 of 20

No I dont have FitTV? I refuse to purchase cable or satelite TV because I am entering my 4th of university and I dont want The View, Oprah to name a few to distract, lol. I am too bit to busy to go on walks.
Thanks for all your help

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:45am
post #20 of 20

Walking is actually one of the best exercises for you.

I find it very easy to not let Oprah and The View distract me. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%