Flooded Ri Piece On Buttercream Cake Question...

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 1:12am by Elise87

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:02am
post #1 of 6

I have just done a flooded RI piece for an upcoming cake which will be iced in buttercream, my question is after a while of sitting on the buttercream will it do anything to the RI piece eg. will the RI go soggy, or will the colours from it run into the buttercream?

First time i have done a flooded piece on a cake before so just thought i should ask incase and i end up having big probs lol

Thanks

5 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 6

You should be fine, make sure the RI is completely dry though. I wouldn't take it in and out of the fridge so if you have to do that put the RI piece on when you're all done. HTH

katwomen1up Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 6

You should be fine, make sure the RI is completely dry though. I wouldn't take it in and out of the fridge so if you have to do that put the RI piece on when you're all done. HTH

katwomen1up Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 6

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 6

It'll be ok but don't refrigerate your cake with the piece on it, if you have to refrigerate place it on the cake when it comes to room teperature that prevent color bleeding from the condensation. (but if it's really dry you won't have that problem). HTH

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 6

thanks for the help guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%