I Am Soooo Interested In Learning To Cake Decorate!!

Decorating By DollLady Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 12:21am by colombean

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:26pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I only started cake decorating last March. I watched Youtube videos and kept reading. The best cake decorators out there are self taught. If they can do it, you can.

Good luck.

You do a great job with your cakes for only decorating last march, I have seen your photos you should check out the comments that were left there including mine stop being so hard on your self we are our own worst critics keep up the good work

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 1:26pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

I only started cake decorating last March. I watched Youtube videos and kept reading. The best cake decorators out there are self taught. If they can do it, you can.

Good luck.

You do a great job with your cakes for only decorating last march, I have seen your photos you should check out the comments that were left there including mine stop being so hard on your self we are our own worst critics keep up the good work

amy1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy1988 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #33 of 35

I completely know where you are coming from!

Try some of the Wilton Courses, CC is a great place to learn techniques, stop by Border's or Barnes and Noble and flip through some of the books!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:30pm
post #34 of 35

You can take decorating classes at hobby/craft shops. You can teach yourself using books, YouTube and CC. You can see if an experienced decorator in your area will give you private lessons.

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:21am
post #35 of 35

hi! i'm a newbie too. I tell ya, this website is the BEST. I can't begin to tell you the help i've gotten.
1. take your time in reading through all the forums. there is so much information but you need the time to look for it.
2. don't be scared! just do it! i take all my projects to work, I started with just baking cakes and cookies. they all blame me for making them fat.
3. give yourself time, atleast 4 days for a full cake decorating. (of course, I dont do it for professional, only for work)I like making the cake and filling and butter cream one day. fondant needs time to set. so make that a few days before you are going to dye it.
but all in all, have fun, ask when you get frustrated and don't take it out on the cake! lol icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%