Covering Cakeboards

Decorating By stellacc Updated 25 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm by missymayflower

annegirlca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annegirlca Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #31 of 38

I use scrapbooking paper to match the theme of the cake. I laminate the paper so the grease from the frosting does not absorb. It works great and adds a lot to the presentation of the cake. I've talked to several bakeries and they all said it's like using Saran wrap. There is no problem with food safety.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:21pm
post #32 of 38

I have used wrapping paper which I covered with saran wrap pulled tight. Came out great, and it doesn't get much more food safe than saran wrap! icon_smile.gif

This yellow board was done this way. http://media.cakecentral.com/files/cimg50442_136.jpg

Schele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schele Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:22pm
post #33 of 38

I buy rolls of the plastic table cover so I have every color whenever I need it plus I have tablecloth when I need it too ! They last forever.......like years when you buy it by the roll.

TEE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TEE39 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:41pm
post #34 of 38

how do you apply fondant to the cake board?

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:36pm
post #35 of 38

TEE39 -- there are two ways you can cover the cake board with fondant. I roll out a large piece of fondant large enough to cover the board and then lift and place it on the board and trim around the edge. You can cut out the center of the fondant where the cake will sit to save the fondant for something else.

Another method that was just posted on another link is placing the cake on the board and then wrapping a band of fondant around the rest of the base that is exposed. The link explaining it is below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/e.....4575839118

clopin0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clopin0 Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm
post #36 of 38

Plastic table covers are the best. I can get at least 6 cakeboards covered with a $1 table cover. Since they come in so many colors, you can always find a color to complement your cake.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm
post #37 of 38

Soooo are the plastic tablecloths food safe? I don't think a response was made yet. detective.gif

cb

missymayflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missymayflower Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm
post #38 of 38

I would also like to know if the plastic table covers are foodsafe.[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%