Spice Cake Filling Ideas

Baking By pinkpiggie78 Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm by pinkpiggie78

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 6

I am doing a winter wedding and the bride really wants a spice cake, but we are having trouble picking a filling. She doesn't want fruit. Any ideas?

5 replies
jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #2 of 6

I make spice cake with cream cheese buttercream. No refrigeration and is YUMMO! Simple, yes, but delish!!! That's the first thing I think of when I think of spice cake. But I'm guessing some of the pros will have better ideas than me!

pinkpiggie78 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks jonahsmom. That's actually what she tried at the tasting, but is looking for something a little more "festive".

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 6

since she ruled out fruit, there goes my apple-pie-filling idea! If she wants more than just cream cheese, what about adding some cinnamon to the buttercream filling?

pinkpiggie78 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

That was my other suggestion at the tasting! She didn't say it at the time, but now that we are working on the contract, she mentioned the anti-fruit filling. She mentioned something with pumpkin.... and I am going to mention white chocolate buttercream and bavarian cream.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 6

That was my other suggestion at the tasting! She didn't say it at the time, but now that we are working on the contract, she mentioned the anti-fruit filling. She mentioned something with pumpkin.... and I am going to mention white chocolate buttercream and bavarian cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%