Searched But Can't Find - Cookie Sticks On Bags-Not Cookie

Baking By KathyTW Updated 19 Jul 2009 , 1:03pm by linedancer

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 6

I usually make cookies on a stick when I bake them...but since I've read so many posts about other options I thought I'd try a new one.

I bagged my cookies and then tried to tape the sticks to the back of the bagged cookie. My cookies "spin" around and end up facing down or backwards (from the weight of the cookie)when I put them in the container

What can I do so they don't turn?

TIA

5 replies
hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 6

why not "glue" the stick to back of cookie with melted white chocolate, when set bag the cookie.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 6

I read the thread about cookie sticks on bags...the lady who does it said that she uses hot glue to attach the stick to the bag, then puts a rectangle of tape (it looked like clear packing tape) over the stick most of the way down the bag. She was using a low temp glue gun.

KathyTW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 6

hellieOh... I wish I had enough time to try this method (and will in the future) but I don't have enough time to let it dry thoroughly.

Texas Rose...That's how I did it, but the weight of the cookie is turning the whole thing.

Thanks for the help!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

Kathy you're not alone. I tried that a few weeks back and had the EXACT same problem. I first tried just taping the stick to the back of the bag.. cookies spinning around..THEN, i tried putting the loose stick IN the bag along with the cookie and tried to just put the bag tie as close to the cooke as possible, better, but still spinning. I tried making the second way work and it kinda did but when the person who receives the cookie bouquet tries to pull the cookie out of the container the cookie slides right off the stick (if they don't grab it by the bottom of the stick.)which is not what i wanted.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 6

Hi all, here is a link to a post discussing how to add the sticks to the bag. This is how I do it and I really like it. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-619564-cookies.html+sticks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%