A Happy Customer Story

Decorating By Cheyanne25 Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm by mary-ann

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 3

There are so many examples on here for cakers who have had bad experiences with customers who are rude or unappreciative. I've had a few myself.

BUT I would love to share with all of you an example of why I love caking. Today I had an acquaintance pick up the Louis Vuitton purse cake (pic is in my gallery) I made for her sister's birthday.

I had a lot of trouble figuring out what I was going to charge her. She only needed it to serve 15 people. But I knew with all the details it was going to take a lot of work, originally I had thought $50, but looking at some shops online that offers them and the insistence of my boyfriend made me decide to raise it to $80. When she asked me what the price was going to be I had had to change from the handles I wanted to use to some improvised ones I wasn't happy about the result so I told her it was going to be $70.

So today when she picks it up she looks at it and is thrilled. She asks me if $70 was the price I told her that was correct and then she hands me some bills and tells me to keep it all.

After she left I realized she paid me $100! I was so thrilled, it wasn't even about the money, but to have a customer who appreciated the product instead of griping about the price.

I can't wait to hear how her sister liked the cake, but either way I'm on top of the moon.

2 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 3

I think thats great! icon_biggrin.gif It goes to show you will get those customers that appreciate your work & not care about the cost! icon_wink.gif

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 3

I can see why. That cake is beautiful. Congratulations.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%