What Am I Doing Wrong With My Roses?

Decorating By sheilasite Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 2:18am by madgeowens

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_canary

Unlimited:

Just wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to do the videos and put up the explanation for the rose thingie. (Feel free to use Rose Thingie as the name for your patented design. icon_wink.gif)

[quote="blu_canary"]

You're very welcome! "Rose Thingie"... cute. Although the patent "to mass produce an entirely different item but still within the cake industry" doesn't have anything to do with roses. (I've been called crazy before, but I hope I'm not so crazy "yet" that I'd put something on the internet before a patent was completed!) I did mention that I had a better way to do all of this, so I'll consider the rose-making thingie as the title to describe the method!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_canary

I'm still learning so much and trying to take in as much information as possible. People sharing the way you do makes things so much happier for the rest of us just learning. Maybe someday we will know enough to pass on our words/videos of wisdom.

Thank you!

My thoughts exactly! (that's so sweet for you to say). I feel a need to leave my mark on the world in some small way before I'm dead and gone (or at least before I'm too old or retired)! When others pass on their knowledge it helps to keep the passion for future generations of their hobby or business alive!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm
post #32 of 35

I didn't say it was difficult, I asked if we can see the part where you remove from stick. Thats a pretty big part of this thing. SO sorry if I ruffled feathers.

Unlimited Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I didn't say it was difficult, I asked if we can see the part where you remove from stick. Thats a pretty big part of this thing. SO sorry if I ruffled feathers.

No ruffled feathers here, the part you are asking to see simply doesn't exist on the video and it's not possible for me to refilm another video at this time.

I hope you understand my original intention was to show how to make roses on a stick in the video. It was only after the video was posted that I received questions about where I put them, and along with others telling their tips of where they put them, so I offered my option as a suggestion of what you could use with pics to help visualize what I was trying to describe.

Perhaps I'm not a great teacher or user of words--I realize visuals are best, but I was hoping to convey "wipe into the v-shaped notch" as clearly as a could without reshooting another video. Trust me, you really didn't miss anything exciting!

Unlimited Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

No ruffled feathers here, the part you are asking to see simply doesn't exist on the video and it's not possible for me to refilm another video at this time.

I hope you understand my original intention was to show how to make roses on a stick in the video. It was only after the video was posted that I received questions about where I put them, and along with others telling their tips of where they put them, so I offered my option as a suggestion of what you could use with pics to help visualize what I was trying to describe.

Perhaps I'm not a great teacher or user of words--I realize visuals are best, but I was hoping to convey "wipe into the v-shaped notch" as clearly as a could without reshooting another video. Trust me, you really didn't miss anything exciting!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 2:18am
post #35 of 35

lol well when you put it that way its quite easy to imagine how you do it........cool

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%