Just Forget It!

Business By chryscrazy Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 11:59am by indydebi

chryscrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chryscrazy Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:33am
post #1 of 8

I work in a grocery store bakery. A man calls about noon today wanting a cake for 5:30 TODAY. He says he needs to feed about 35 people. Ok 1/2 sheet. He wants to know if I can put a masonic symbol on it. I tell him I don't know what that looks like. He says he'll bring a picture by at lunch and I say ok but I won't say that I can do it until I see it. (my internet access at work is very limited so I can't look online, plus I say that I can't do a lot of stuff that I really can because I am unwilling to spend the time to do it there)

So order is taken and he says he'll come by with a pic in a little bit. By the way, how much is this gonna run me? I tell him 22.99. I didn't tell him that's $2.00 off because Thursday is cake day. He got disgruntled and said well just forget about it and hung up!

Really?? $23 is astonishingly too high for 35 people? I'd hate for him to try to get a non grocery store cake.

7 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 8

WOW!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:51am
post #3 of 8

He's one of those people who have never seen a cake other than Walmart's.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 5:16am
post #4 of 8

Gesh!!!!! Wow even wal-mart cakes are more then that where I live!!! What the heck does he expect! WOW!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 10:38am
post #5 of 8

How funny! I wonder what the 35 people ate?

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 10:48am
post #6 of 8

He sounds like a bird brain to me....cheap, cheap, cheap.

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:14am
post #7 of 8

WOW! Seriously! What was he expecting you to say? Ten?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 11:59am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by candynumber1

WOW! Seriously! What was he expecting you to say? Ten?

yes. yes he was.

had a guy come in and asked about pineapple upside down cake. After telling him I don't stock cakes and they are to-order-only, I told him it was $60-$80 depending on size. His eyes popped open and said he was only looking to spend ten bucks! I said, "Sir, I have more than 10 bucks in the pineapple that's between the 4 layers of cake. I dont' do grocery store cakes. You might TRY walmart, but I don't think they do pineapple upside downs."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%