Where Can I Find Cool Alphabet Cutters?

Baking By Magical_Isis Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 9:19pm by cylstrial

Magical_Isis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magical_Isis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 11

Along the lines of the tappits...but individual cutters? Or can the tappits be used for thick cookies?

Sorry if this is a repeat - the search function doesn't seem to work very well for me and either brings up nothing or hundreds of untrelated things - argh!!

10 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 11

How large do you need? Are you looking for individual letters to cut out as an entire cookie (maybe 2"?) Wilton has good ones in their large set of cutters. Or, I often see alphabet cookie cutters at places like TJMaxx for very reasonable prices. Tappits are fine if you are placing letters on a cookie surface, but they would not be good for anything very thick.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 11

tappits are for very thin detail not for cookies.

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:35pm
post #4 of 11

So glad you asked this question. I'm looking for a small letter cutter for cookies also. Approximately 1/2 in size or smaller. How small are the tappits?

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 11

Oops! Misunderstood your post.But ,I'm looking for small letter cutters to put on top of cookies.Where can I find these tappit cutters?

Magical_Isis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 11

Oops - meant to be more clear that I want cool fonts! I have some alphabet cutters that are just really boring and straightforward - was hoping to find some with interesting calligraphy or fun chunky letters...

Magical_Isis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 11

Oops - meant to be more clear that I want cool fonts! I have some alphabet cutters that are just really boring and straightforward - was hoping to find some with interesting calligraphy or fun chunky letters...

Magical_Isis Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 11

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #9 of 11

i think i can help with the funky chunky letter cutter for making cookies.
jello has some neat letter cutters for their "jello jigglers" that are perfect for cookies (also for larger fondant letters).
i bought mine off jello's website, but i just checked and they are not listed, but i did find them on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JELLO-JIGGLERS-COOKIE-CUTTERS-PLASTIC-ALPHABET-LETTERS_W0QQitemZ330345295011QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cea1d2ca3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2122%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

for letters ON TOP of cookies, tappits work very well. in addition to the basic block, they have funky and script letters. the funky are the largest and work well on a 3" cookie (see the heart cookie i have posted). the script is quite small and by itself would look a little lost on a 3" cookie.

diane

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 9:06pm
post #10 of 11

You can also blow up a font in word and use it as a stencil. Then lay over the top of the cookie dough and cut out your cookie. I did something similar in my pix (the gold monogram) except that was colorflowed on top of the stencil.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 11

The main page also has instructions for how to make cookie cutters. That's something that I've been wanting to do. But it might be hard to do the alphabet.

But tappits are so small, they wouldn't work for what you are wanting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%