First Time Working With Gumpaste Need Help

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm by snocilla

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:00am
post #1 of 13

ok I haven't taken the gumpaste class yet. I am playing around with making flowers tonight with gumpaste. The question I have is is is similar to mmf? Do we cut out the flower shapes and let them dry similar to mmf? hanging upside down to dry roses? Really need help, This info is not on the container and I was hoping more information was inside but not. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

12 replies
alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 13

I usually use a 50/50 mix so I don't know how much help I can be but I'll try. GP dries a lot faster than fondant so if you're just starting make sure you just do one portion of the flower at a time and keep the rest wrapped up. As far as drying I do the same as with straight fondant, ie: hang upside down or place in flower formers. I also use egg cartons to place my flowers in to shape. HTH

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 13

thank you so much Alanaj that helps

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:39am
post #4 of 13

Here are some links!

OK! Some of these are flowers or other figures!

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 13

THANK YOU SO MUCH! these are awesome sites .
CC is WONDERFUL, THANKS TO EVERYONES WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 13

Question is are the iris pedals made seperate and attached (if so how?) what do you use for the (glue?) I made pedals look good but no idea on how to join them...

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 13

Question is are the iris pedals made seperate and attached (if so how?) what do you use for the (glue?) I made pedals look good but no idea on how to join them...

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 13

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 13

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 13

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:31pm
post #11 of 13

I've never made an iris, but to glue in general, you can use gum glue... Just crumble up a small (maybe pea-sized) peice of gumpaste into a little bit of water(maybe 1/4 cup or so). Let it sit for an hour or so until all the gumpaste dissolves. That makes glue that is stronger than just using vanilla or water.

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:32pm
post #12 of 13

So so sorry I didnt know the question took, is there any way to delete the duplicates? I love this site. but have more to learn on working it.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 3:47pm
post #13 of 13

Duplicate posts happen alot... I tend to close the window a couple of seconds after hitting 'Submit'. It seems to help, but you don't get the confirmation, so you have to reload the post to make sure it took. I've never seen it not take though. If it's a new post, you can go into 'My Forum posts' from the homepage, and delete it from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%