I Can't Find A Place To Do A Printed Edible Image.

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 3:04am by GRAMSB123

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 5

I have called Sams and Walmart bakery and they have told me they wont do the printing if they are not making the cake.

I want to make an 80's cake with photos of our middle school picts for a little reunion we are having.

Anyone know of anywhere else i can get it done. I am in central Florida.

Thanks

4 replies
GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 5

Hi,
I can print edible images and ship it to you. All I need is an email of the photo you want printed.
Send it today and I can get it in the mail tomorrow. I live in New York State.

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAMSB123

Hi,
I can print edible images and ship it to you. All I need is an email of the photo you want printed.
Send it today and I can get it in the mail tomorrow. I live in New York State.

Awww that is so sweet! That's what I love about this forum, everyone is so helpful!

Curious about your printer, if you don't mind. Since you have one, in your opinion what is the best and most reasonably priced printer to get? I saw some on ebay from $200-$400.
How quickly do the cartriges empty, after just a few prints or do you really get to print quite a bit?
How much does the edible paper run?
Is it easy to cut out the images without tearing the paper, like with an exacto knife or something?

TIA

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 5

Your local Safeway, or Alberson's will do one for about $6.00. Check at any grocery store that has a bakery, they usually have the facilities to do edible images.

I usually take them a picture of what I have in mind and then they will scan it into their machine and print it for me.

Good luck to you!

Lisa

GRAMSB123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMSB123 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 5

Well I can tell you I have had this since Christmas. I have gone through almost 30 sheets of pages and I have not yet run out of ink. I received this for Christmas so I can't say how much it was because I don't know. I have sold many printed pages and they have never complained. I have also had repeat business with no complaints. I have a Cannon printer with 4 cartridges, and I use Lucks icing paper. If you want to cut the imaged that is ok but it will peel off the paper without cutting. Hope that is helpful for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%