Do Any Of You Have A 'cupcake Shop'

Baking By rharris524 Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 4:14pm by Kiddiekakes

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:15am
post #1 of 4

There are a few near me (not right near me, 10+ miles in a heavily populated suburban/urban area) and an opportunity sort of fell into my lap to open one here at a steal...but I'm afraid that I'm sinking my time and money into a dying trend. Does anyone own one? How are you doing with it? Do you just sell cupcakes? What do you find to be your most effective marketing? Thank you!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 4

I don't have a shop or anything like that...but I don't think it's a dying trend by any means. However, you should evaluate the market to see if you are going to be able to make a profit by opening a shop there.

vescakes07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vescakes07 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 4

I have been catching Martha Stewart the last month. Her cupcake shows have highlighted several cupcake business in various parts of the country. Don't know if they were bragging, but they all talked about selling up to 1000 cupcakes per day ! At $2 a cupcake - that is amazing numbers. I am considering opening one as well. I am looking at it like the cookie/pretzel/brownie stores in the mall. If they can make it in volume, I can only believe a cupcake store would be as successful. I don't think it is a trend that is dying...Just my thoughts - Good luck ! - email me at [email protected] if you want to talk more...

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 4

I also don't think it is a trend...I think it is baking going in another direction.Most of the old style bakeries like Buddy Valastro's Carlos bakery are not around anymore and people still want to buy pasties etc.. as a treat.Really do your marketing though and logistics before you invest the money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%