Candy Covered Grooms Cake Ideas

Decorating By moneekw Updated 15 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm by klallen21

moneekw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moneekw Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there

I am making my son's groom's cake for his wedding next Saturday. He asked me to make it big (three tiers) and incorporate the things he is known for into the theme.
These things are; Candy (skittles, dots [gum drops], sour patch kids gummies, and red pull-apart licorice), wood working (he made three very nice separator plates and turned the dowels), and I made a large Texas Longhorns logo out of color flow. Goofy huh? : ) He is a funny kid.

I would love to make it FUN and elaborate/cool but I'm just not coming up with anything. I've searched and searched online for inspiration but...nothing. I'm running out of time (I'm also busy studying for my nursing state board test and planning a baby shower). icon_cry.gif

So..any ideas out there? Any pics to share? Ah, I'm also looking for good rubber ducky pics for color flow to put on cupcakes. Who woulda thought they'd be so hard to find.

Thanks so much for reading!
Monique

PS- I stink at cake decorating but I still enjoy it.

4 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 5

Why not use the candy to make some type of pictures...like all the red's to make something or all the greens. Just be creative and thing of some different things...

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 5

On the bottom layer- do the candy. You could do patches of candy all around the sides using the licorice as dividers
the middle layer- do the woodworking theme with maybe tools... sawhorses...
then the Longhorn theme on the top layer

did you try Word clipart for the rubber ducks. they have some cute ones.

moneekw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moneekw Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. icon_biggrin.gif

klallen21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klallen21 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 5

I saw this picture on here by Gwendelspear and you could maybe take some ideas from it...

Lining the sides licorice? filling the top of each layer with the candies?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1411188.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%