post #1 of 35

is called to order.

Who's up?

Whatcha workin' on?

34 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:36am
post #2 of 35

We've delivered one wedding cake and a candy buffet today, one cake for tomorrow. Four tier for 250 or so. It's iced and I'll cut the fondant daisies tomorrow.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #3 of 35

Hi Leahs

I'm here tonight I'm not working on anything tonight but next weekend I will be working on a Pirate Theme cake for my nephew who will be 10yrs
I'll start working on gumpaste figs tomorrow.

Molly

leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #4 of 35

We're off to break down a candy buffet, bag up the leftover candy for the bride and collect my glassware. I'll be back, so carry on here please!

Molly2 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 35

OK be safe.

Molly

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 35

No cakes for me tonight WOOHOO!! Stressed myself out way badly last Fri.-Sun., and I'm free tonight!! Tommorrow I'm going to start on the RKT party favors for my son's bday 2 weeks from tommorrow. They should be ok, right? I'm bagging them up & tying with a ribbon.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:45am
post #7 of 35

Just surfing tonight, but for Sunday, I'll be baking tomorrow, to make a birthday cake for my nephew's girlfriend. She wants chocolate and raspberry. He called me yesterday and asked me to hook him up. It's only a small cake, so I told him 15 bucks for ingredients and energy, but he can't tell anyone what he paid for it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:45am
post #8 of 35

No cakes for me tonight WOOHOO!! Stressed myself out way badly last Fri.-Sun., and I'm free tonight!! Tommorrow I'm going to start on the RKT party favors for my son's bday 2 weeks from tommorrow. They should be ok, right? I'm bagging them up & tying with a ribbon.

chassidyg Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #9 of 35

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #10 of 35

I'm up and working!! Well, really I'm sitting here with the laptop in my lap staring at this cake! It's suppose to feel organic, but fun, but classy... It looked really tropical when I 'finished' it. So I peeled the flowers off and am sitting here looking at trying to decide what kind of flowers to put on. It's fondant cutout flowers on buttercream...

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #11 of 35

I am not sure what the heck a candy buffet is.... but I would love to see one!!

I have 3 weddings tomorrow...I have them all baked and ready to get to work on at about 4AM!
First one is small and on a stand that has three levels...not tiered, and the other 2 are four tiered. One with little fondant and gumpaste flowers all over it and the other is beachy.

I'm off to bed....you all have a great evening.

Leahs, feel free to post pics of the buffet!!
Laura

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #12 of 35

No cake this weekend. Our garden is coming in so, I have been busy this week making pickles-dill and bread 'n butter. We are having to replant the green beans. Too much rain.
Anyway, I have been working hard, just not with icing!
Stay safe everyone!

finnsimm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finnsimm Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #13 of 35

I have finished two cakes in the past two days. A golf cake for my dad's birthday, that is being taken up north to a surprise birthday party for him that I wasn't invited to. But I could do the cake if I wanted. Grrr...

Did an anniversary cake for a friend. It's boxed and waiting to be picked up.

Now I am sitting on the couch surfing the web, as my husband continues to play video games beside me on the only tv in the house.

I love Friday nights.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:53am
post #14 of 35

i.m lazy tonight too. worked hard the month of june and last week end.. wanted to see how everyone was doing and who was doing what.. actually, i wish i had a cake to do. gave a price on one last week for first of this coming week.. i guess she didn,t like the price. she was a nice lady.. but wasn,t going to come off my price. rather twiddle my thumbs. than to work hard for nothing.. eveyone that is busy.. hope all turns out well.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:53am
post #15 of 35

i.m lazy tonight too. worked hard the month of june and last week end.. wanted to see how everyone was doing and who was doing what.. actually, i wish i had a cake to do. gave a price on one last week for first of this coming week.. i guess she didn,t like the price. she was a nice lady.. but wasn,t going to come off my price. rather twiddle my thumbs. than to work hard for nothing.. eveyone that is busy.. hope all turns out well.

Molly2 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:55am
post #16 of 35

OOOOoooo Homemade pickles I love Homemade pickles icon_biggrin.gif

I'll start working on pirates and flags tomorrow for my nephews cake I want to make a ship and treasure chest on an island don't know if it'll come out the way I see it in my head but I'm going to try

Molly
icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:55am
post #17 of 35

Putting my monthly "to order list" together. Lots of new toys to get. Looking at numbers for this December. Think I'm going to have a nice down payment on a car! Economic crisis? Methinks not!

rockytop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockytop Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #18 of 35

I will be glad when the weekend is over. since wed. i have made 2 12x 18 sheet cakes for my church , a 4 tier 50 ann. and a 2 tier wedding cake and on monday a guitar cake for my nephew its a suprise. MY BACK IS KILLING ME...

cheekygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekygirl Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:13am
post #19 of 35

Sounds like some of you all have been real busy! I'm just surfing the net tonight. I DVR all of the cake shows, so this weekend I will catch up on them, and bake and decorate a cake for fun icon_smile.gif
Have a great weekend!

cheekygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheekygirl Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:14am
post #20 of 35

Sounds like some of you all have been real busy! I'm just surfing the net tonight. I DVR all of the cake shows, so this weekend I will catch up on them, and bake and decorate a cake for fun icon_smile.gif
Have a great weekend!

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:52am
post #21 of 35

I'm doing 3 birthday cakes! Two individual mini cakes, one for my niece and one for my nephew and one regular size birthday cake for the rest of the family to eat. Their birthdays are a week apart so we are celebrating both of their birthdays on sunday. I started this morning, worked all day and still have decorating left to do. Done for the night though. I have a bridal shower to attend tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see how much decorating I get done before I leave otherwise I'll be pulling an all nighter when I get home tomorrow night!

leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #22 of 35

We're back! A candy buffet is pretty much like it sounds. I offer a minimum of 5 different candies (usually they get more varieties) in pretty glassware, bag and twist ties. Little silver scoops or tong decorated with ribbon. I do these for weddings and its always "candy by Color." This one was all red candy. I have pics int eh camera, but that will require a trip up to the office.

I love selling these things. Even with the extra trip at the end of the night I make $$.

leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:59am
post #23 of 35

I'll be glad when the glitches in CC get fixed!

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:07am
post #24 of 35

Well today I was trying out a Lemon cake recipe for a wedding cake that I will do soon. I was not happy with the recipe that I used, but, I never got a lemon cake request so I was not really pushed to try others. Well, I am very happy with the one I tried today. I baked the cake, a few CC, made some lemon curd, brushed the cake with a lemon simple syrup --- and, of course I used my Agbay so I got beautiful cuts.
I will put it all together in the morning, allow it to rest and try it out in the evening tomorrow.
I am really happy with everything so far. Really lemon flavored.

Hope you all don't work too hard.
I think I am off to bed.

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:08am
post #25 of 35

Well today I was trying out a Lemon cake recipe for a wedding cake that I will do soon. I was not happy with the recipe that I used, but, I never got a lemon cake request so I was not really pushed to try others. Well, I am very happy with the one I tried today. I baked the cake, a few CC, made some lemon curd, brushed the cake with a lemon simple syrup --- and, of course I used my Agbay so I got beautiful cuts.
I will put it all together in the morning, allow it to rest and try it out in the evening tomorrow.
I am really happy with everything so far. Really lemon flavored.

Hope you all don't work too hard.
I think I am off to bed.

leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:12am
post #26 of 35

The Agbay rocks! You will totally love it. Best. Cake. Tool. Ever!

CakeandDazzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeandDazzle Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:31am
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

The Agbay rocks! You will totally love it. Best. Cake. Tool. Ever!

HUH?? Looks like I have some googling to do!!

I am working on 3 cakes, already finished and got rid of one. 2tier topsy with hot pink zebra strips and teal polka dots for a 21st... now i have a handy manny toolbox, dovorce cake and a grad cake to finish, well i havent started the grad cake yet.... good thing its not due till sunday!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:32am
post #28 of 35

Well I'm making another 3-D race car, this time a Dale Jr. #88 Mountain Dew car of tomorrow for Sunday. Tonight I'll finish the GP tires and spoiler, tomorrow I'll cover w/ fondant and finish the designs.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:48am
post #29 of 35

I'll have to google the agbay too!

I had a wedding consult earlier today that was 1 1/2 hours long. The bride knew hwat she wanted, but the mom and gma were causing confusion. She only needs 80 servings but mom is trying to talk her into a 16" dummy, then 14, 12, 10 and 8 real cake (doing the 2x2 party sizes). I tried to talk her into more than 1 dummy, but what do I know, right?! icon_confused.gif

Anyway, just finished a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake for tomorrow. And our town is having a huge festival that started today and goes 10 days, so I'll be cruising the festival all week! icon_lol.gif

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 5:03am
post #30 of 35

Like my screen name says, i'm up, but it's only 1 am! Just finished a 2 tier ocean themed cake, complete with an octopus on top. delivery is at noon today and didn't want to be stressed too much in the morning. i need to be bright eyes and bushy tailed for my 2 year old and 5 month old in less than 5 hours. gotta love cake!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%