Zebra Stripe

Decorating By hollyncas Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 9:38pm by mrsmudrash

hollyncas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyncas Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 9

Hi, this is my very first post, I have a zebra cake coming up and plan to use fondant...does anyone have any useful pointers on cutting out the stripes or is it something i am just going to have to play with for a bit?

8 replies
ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 9

Welcome, I did one recently and just freehanded the stripes (see photo in my gallery). It was fun and easy to do. Next time I do it I think I will cut out the stripes, roll out the white fondant in one big piece and then place all the stripes and roll gently so it looks more like one piece...then, cover the cake.

good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 9

HI! For zebra stripes, i used a pizza cutter and just weaved a little in and out and created the stripes, then placed them one by one and built a "pattern" as i went. It's really easy. That was a fun one. It's in my photos if you want to take a look.

Good Luck!

cupcakelady64 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 9

HI! For zebra stripes, i used a pizza cutter and just weaved a little in and out and created the stripes, then placed them one by one and built a "pattern" as i went. It's really easy. That was a fun one. It's in my photos if you want to take a look.

Good Luck!

cupcakelady64 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 9

Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 9

I also use a pizza cutter and just cut up and down in a wavy pattern then place on cake....
LL

CareyI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CareyI Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 9

I also use a pizza cutter and just cut up and down in a wavy pattern then place on cake....
LL

cupcakelady64 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 9

sorry about the triplicate, i guess something is acting up again! gremlins!

careyl, your bow is adorable! i hadn't thought of the curlies being inserted like that! precious idea!

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 9

I saw Buddy on Cake Boss lay cut out black pieces of fondant on top of a rolled out white piece of fondant, rolled it again to press them together, and then put it on the cake as one big piece. That would save tons of time and look more like fabric. I did it for my purses by cutting them out individually and placing them...which takes longer. You can see my purses in my pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%