Wilton's Drizzle Icing

Decorating By val_nutrimetics Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm by loriana

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:15am
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody has tried Drizzle Icing by Wilton? I have to make a Reese Peanut Butter cake in about a week, and I wasn't sure how to go about doing that. Then I came across the peanut butter flavored drizzle icing, and I was wondering if that would work to help make the cake taste like a peanut butter cup. It seems as though it was made for brownies, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if that would work.

Otherwise, if anybody has any suggestions on how to make a cake taste like a peanut butter cup - I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance,
Valerie.

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 6

To make the peanut butter cup taste in cake form I'd make chocolate cake and fill it with peanut butter filling. There are several recipes on this site for peanut butter filling. You pretty much just replace some of your butter/crisco in an icing recipe with peanut butter. You can always cover the cake in ganache if you want that 'chocolate coating' on the outside.

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks so much for your response. I'm probably going to give one of the peanut butter filling recipes a try.

Thanks again,
Valerie.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 6

Go with the fillings. I tried to try the Drizzle icing once. Tried being the key word because according to the directions you are supposed to microwave the bottle with the cap off and the bottle caught on fire and melted. icon_eek.gif (yes, I did have the saftey seal removed icon_lol.gif )

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 6

Hi Val,

I did not like the drizzle icing at all. It has a very chemicall-y flavor and doesnt taste fudgy or home-made. There are some good fudge recipes on Cake Central that you could drizzle over the top of a cake that would be miles better than the 50+ ingredient list on Wilton's icing. Hope this helps!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Val,

I did not like the drizzle icing at all. It has a very chemicall-y flavor and doesnt taste fudgy or home-made. There are some good fudge recipes on Cake Central that you could drizzle over the top of a cake that would be miles better than the 50+ ingredient list on Wilton's icing. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%