Gift Box Cake

Decorating By delicity Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 4:55am by delicity

delicity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicity Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:04am
post #1 of 4

I have to make a 2 tiers gift box cake. Each box is at leat 6 1/2" tall. Should a put a carboard between the layers or just the dowels to hold it up and keep the square shape ?
Thanks

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:18am
post #2 of 4

each tier should be on a cardboard or foamcore board for support. of course ,you dowel the bottom tier with wooden dowels or bubble tea straws.. then the longer wooden dowel thru the top tier.. thru the cardboard or foamcore to bottom of cake.. if you use single plate system.. there is a tutorial on here for that. that leahs has put up.. no dowels, now bubble tea straws., etc. so check this out also.. definitely has to have some kind of support..hth

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:41am
post #3 of 4

Just put one incase. I've made tiers about 8-9 inches tall without having to put one.

delicity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicity Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:55am
post #4 of 4

maybe I did not explined myself. I just want to know if I should use some carboard not only between the tiers but also between the layers of each tier since it is 6 1/2" tall. I never make a cake more than 4" each tier. Someone sugested to bake 2 10x3 with 2 layers of filling each and put a carboard in between and of course use the dowels to support the cake. I was not sure about the carbord in between the layers.
I read the tutorial you suggested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%