Cookie Help !

Baking By FREDDIKINS Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm by ZlatkaT

FREDDIKINS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FREDDIKINS Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I have only just started making cookies and hope someone can answer a question for me please.

I am delighted with the finished "look" of them but so disappointed that they seem "soft" when they are eaten. I only use a very thin layer of sugarpaste and use a very thin smear of jam to attach it to the cookie. Is this what you guys do or can anyone suggest a better way of doing it? Would piping gelgive a more cris bisuit? I am looking for the "snap" when the cookie is eaten.

I am in the Uk so this is my first time of Cake Central - so hope someone can help!!

jackie x

2 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there! Welcome to Cake Central!!

I'm not sure if I can help you - I use a sugar cookie that is sort of "shortbread-y" not overly sweet (the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe in the recipe section). It's not a soft cookie like a regular sugar cookie, but it's not super hard either. With icing on top of it (I use royal), it does stay fairly soft (no "snap")... but, I just wanted to welcome you!

Be sure to check out the cookie forum - everyone's super nice and very helpful and there's LOADS of information!!

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 3

Not a big help from me here. I am using Czech style gingerbread - soft cookie, but that what I wanted. If I would bake it longer, the cookie would harden. On top I am using royal icing, which gives the crunchy crunch. Maybe try to decorate with royal icing and see if you like it better. I am from Europe as well, so you might know which kind of decorated cookies I am talking about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%