Fondant Pieces Will They??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm by GayeG

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 8

I was asked to do a b-day cake, and she wants a beach type scene, I was going to do a keylime cake and Bc icing, heres my question. i want to do a little pair of flip-flops with a towel out of fondant, she will not serve this cake until Sun i will deliver it on Saturday, if i put it in a reg cake box will it stay fresh and if i add the fondant pieces will they stay hard or will they get wet looking?? Should i get her to add the pieces? She will not mind to do this , Any info will be so Helpful. Thanks to all icon_confused.gif

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 8

They will stay hard. If you can, make them soon so that they're completely dry when they go on the cake.

It sounds like a really cute idea!

cakebaker1957 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

They will stay hard. If you can, make them soon so that they're completely dry when they go on the cake.

It sounds like a really cute idea!

Thanks Texas_ Rose the reason im asking one time i did some letters out of 50/50 and had them on toothpicks sticking out of the cake to spell happy birthday, and they got really limp like slimmy. But i had wrapped the cake box in saran Wrap to keep the cake fresh, thank goodness i had extra letters to redo them i didnt know what had happend icon_surprised.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 8

Dont wrap your box with wrap - let the air get to it - the moisture from the BC with cause your fondant pieces to go limp and dont worry - it will stay fresh the little time its left out icon_wink.gif Good Luck - sounds delicious and adorable!

cakebaker1957 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

Dont wrap your box with wrap - let the air get to it - the moisture from the BC with cause your fondant pieces to go limp and dont worry - it will stay fresh the little time its left out icon_wink.gif Good Luck - sounds delicious and adorable!

Thank you should i let the icing crust before adding the fondant pieces?

GayeG Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 8

I do - then just a TINY wiping of water to the back of the pieces to stick it on (or BC - whichever you prefer) .. Good Luck!

cakebaker1957 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

I do - then just a TINY wiping of water to the back of the pieces to stick it on (or BC - whichever you prefer) .. Good Luck!

Thanks a bunch(:

GayeG Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 8

Your welcome! =}

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%