Home Kitchen....love My Oven! Samsung Review

Business By Kitagrl Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 1:10am by beachcakes

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 8

Just had to share that several months ago I got a new oven for my home kitchen. I'm not able to build on or make anything semi commercial yet but I wanted more room to bake so anyway...I got a Samsung oven. The capacity of the Samsung (or LG actually but they cost even more) are the largest among home ovens so I got one, and then ordered an extra rack. (The professional Samsung comes with three racks, the home one only two for whatever reason, but the exact same capacity and interior design as the professional!)

So anyway its REALLY helped my baking days. The oven is a couple of inches wider inside than my old oven and then with three racks I can fit quite a few layers of cake in there. Right now I'm baking two 10's, two 8's, two 6's, and a 14" and if I wanted to I could fit a few extra in there too.

So anyway I just wanted to share that, in case any home bakers are searching for a new oven...the Samsung has a nice large capacity and bakes nicely too. The only thing I have found is NOT to put any cakes in until its completely preheated! (That means nothing in a "cold" oven) because its optional convection...and when its preheating the fans blow to preheat evenly. I have found out if I put cake in when that preheat fan is still blowing, it will brown the top of a pan of batter!

But that's easy to work around.

It cost about $899 at Best Buy (the online price was cheaper, so they took that price at the local store) plus I got the service plan with it so all in all about $1000. Well worth it!

7 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 8

Sounds like you and I are almost alike!! I bought the LG (but it was a great deal on sale) for THAT reason (the oven size) I looked into the commercial ones, and was going to get one, but they told me it would void the warranty if it was installed in a home kitchen (even a licenced one)

Congrats on the new toy - ain't it great when you can get sooo much more done in the same amount of time?? icon_biggrin.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 8

I got the LG and I love it. I went for the convection one, and I never have gotten used to that, but I love the oven anyway.

Kitagrl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 8

I couldn't get past the bright blue interior of the LG. haha.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I couldn't get past the bright blue interior of the LG. haha.

Oh, I love that bright blue interior. I don't know why, but I do!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 8

I have the over the stove microwave that matches the oven - it has the bright blue interior too! icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 8

Isn't that funny....I remember looking and looking and looking at that one in the store and thinking "I don't think I can look at that every baking day." haha.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:10am
post #8 of 8

This is awesome! My oven is on it's last legs, so this info will be very helpful! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%