How Do I Make Pink Fondant?

Decorating By cakebakinmom Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 6:16pm by evern83

cakebakinmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebakinmom Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 12

I need pink fondant and I have white fondant, but I do not like adding food coloring (wilton gel). Can I mix red fondant (that I already have) with my white fondant and get a pale baby pink?

11 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 12

Hi, yes you can mix the two together and make pink. But I really like the wilton rose pink. icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 12

Actually it might not look very good. It just depends on *what* shade of red you used and how much.
You can try small amounts of red & white and see it you like it.
Why don't you want to use food coloring gel? The amount one would need for a 'pale baby pink' is sooooo small it would hardly be noticed and will look much better.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 12

Get ready to use those muscles!! It can be done but will take ALOT of kneading! just start out with a small amt then knead, adding the red till you get the pink you desire

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 12

cakebakinmom.. why don,t you want to use "WILTON" gel colors.. i am confused .. can you explain. if you want a pretty pink fondant.. then that is the way you should go..

cakebakinmom Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 12

Everytime I mix the gel with the fondant it is very sticky! Of course I am usually tring to achieve a very dark color. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I want a light color. Is my best bet really to color it using the wilton gel? I have plenty of wilton rose pink.

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 12

I always use pink... strawberry marshmellows for my pinks and reds.

merciermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merciermom Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 12

I always use pink... strawberry marshmellows for my pinks and reds.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 12

Of course you can.

Good luck.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #10 of 12

If you have the wilton pink - by all means do it .. your only gonna need a small amt. It shouldnt be enuff to get sticky on ya!! Good Luck!

merciermom ~ Thats a GREAT idea! Thanx for sharing that - I stuck it in my memory bank for further use! icon_smile.gif

cakebakinmom Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 5:51pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks for all of your advice. I colored the fondant last night with wilton gel. It turned out fine. I am going to make the cake tomorrow night. I will post a pic so all can view.

evern83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evern83 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 6:16pm
post #12 of 12

I was so excited yesterday at Wal-Mart, I saw pink strawberry flavored marshmellows!!!! I am doing a 6 year olds cake this month and thought It would be great for making MMF. I hope it turns out ok!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%