Wedding Open House Cookies

Baking By percussiongrrl Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 9:55pm by cylstrial

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 16

I've been without my computer for awhile but I'm finally getting the chance to post these cookies!

I ended up using the NFSC recipe and using the parchment paper rolling tip. It worked beautifully. I used the Rolled BC for the icing and figured out how to make it have less of the "grease shine." I put the rolled BC on immediately after removing the cookies from the oven and then placed the cookies on a cooling rack in the fridge. After they cooled completely, I blotted off the excess grease that had come to the surface with a paper towel and brushed the cookies with p. sugar. It worked pretty well for my purposes.

The piping is done with Wilton BC with piping gel. Pardon my piping skills, I'm still learning. Also pardon the cookie where the piping got smashed!

Can anyone offer any helpful hints or constructive criticism for next time? I'm wanting to improve my skills but I'm largely self taught, so CC is where I go for help!
LL

15 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 16

I think your cookies turned out beautifully! I never would have thought that you were a beginner!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 16

I think you did a wonderful job! You can never go wrong with heart cookies for a wedding. I wish I wasn't still out of town (looks like I'll be gone for another two weeks), or I'd be posting my prototypes of the cookies I'm doing for my niece's wedding. I had ecrandal's make me a custom cutter and it arrived just a couple days before I had to leave town. It's of the back end of a car and I'll be writing "Just Married" on it. They were inspired by Nancy's Fancy cookies, as well as ones recently posted by Amifsud. Ecrandal liked the design so much, they're adding it to their website. Now I just have to wait until I can get back home to make the cookies!

cylstrial Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Ecrandal liked the design so much, they're adding it to their website.

That is super cool! Someone posted a thread about this same subject a long time ago (it was probably you). But I loved the idea of the back of the car. Thanks for sharing that Ecrandal is going to carry it soon. I'll have to go and order it for sure!! icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:

Ecrandal liked the design so much, they're adding it to their website.

That is super cool! Someone posted a thread about this same subject a long time ago (it was probably you). But I loved the idea of the back of the car. Thanks for sharing that Ecrandal is going to carry it soon. I'll have to go and order it for sure!! icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 16

When I get home from Arizona I'll make some cookies using the cutter, and I'll post pictures. I think it's always a plus to see a decorated cookie included with the cutter, just to give you an idea of what the design can be like. Then you can modify it to suit your own needs.

cylstrial Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:

When I get home from Arizona I'll make some cookies using the cutter, and I'll post pictures. I think it's always a plus to see a decorated cookie included with the cutter, just to give you an idea of what the design can be like. Then you can modify it to suit your own needs.

Sounds good to me! I always love to look at your cookies! They are SO amazing! icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 16

I checked ecrandal's website, and the cutter is already available. They're offering it in two sizes, and it's listed as "Just Married".

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 16

What's that website address?

cylstrial Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 16

Awesome Gemini! I'm going right now!! Whoo Hoo!!

Do you know how big the small one is vs the large one? There is only a $1.00 difference in price. I'm just not sure which one would be better to get.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:19pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Do you know how big the small one is vs the large one? There is only a $1.00 difference in price. I'm just not sure which one would be better to get.

I have the smaller one, and it is a pretty good size cutter. It'll be perfect for my niece's wedding. Since I'll be doing something like 200, I don't think I would want to do the larger cutter!

cylstrial Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I have the smaller one, and it is a pretty good size cutter. It'll be perfect for my niece's wedding. Since I'll be doing something like 200, I don't think I would want to do the larger cutter!

Awesome! Thanks for everything. I can't wait to see your cookie pic!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 7:03pm
post #15 of 16

That's amazing and i can't wait to see your cookie as well.

cylstrial Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 9:55pm
post #16 of 16

Gemini - when are you getting home? I keep checking to see if you've made this cookie. Hehe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%