Remember How There Usued To Be Like 4 Rows Of Pictures

Decorating By nickymom Updated 5 Jul 2009 , 12:20am by JanH

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 22

When you logged in to the website and under the message part there was 4 rows of pictures of like
Most Popular,
Uploaded Today etc....

I miss that because the top row of pictures usually was full of upcoming holday pics etc.....I was hoping to come in and be inspired or get ideas on a 4th of July cake quickly............but then again I could just go to the picture gallery and look for the holiday section and it would be the same but the other way was quicker.....

21 replies
Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 22

I agree!! I miss that part so much! I use to love seeing the popular cakes added today section. That's where I would see so many cakes that I'd save for future inspiration! That was my favorite part of this site.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 22

I don't like this new set up either. The same cakes keeps repeating. I wish they would go back

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 22

I miss that also. I wish they would bring back that part. It was fun seenig the holiday ideas. I know that a lot of us feel that way and have expressed our concerns and asked for it to come back but it doesn't look like they will be doing that.

applemint_jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
applemint_jackie Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 22

Yea me too. I like the old one better.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 22

I miss that also. I wish they would bring back that part. It was fun seenig the holiday ideas. I know that a lot of us feel that way and have expressed our concerns and asked for it to come back but it doesn't look like they will be doing that.

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 22

I too, looked forward to all the pictures, and the one for the upcoming holidays, much faster and easier to look at. I miss the old one also. Wish and hope they bring it back soon. I think it looked nicer the old way too, so many pictures to look at. Please bring the old one back...

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 22

Me too....I don't like having to open a picture to see a cake......I like the 4 rows of cakes.

Brenda0217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brenda0217 Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 5:25pm
post #9 of 22

Count me in there too, I liked the old way much much better, each day was exciting when you came to the site and seen all those pictures, I miss the holiday ones, was much quicker and easier to get ideas from. I am hoping they soon bring back the old way.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 22

Ah yes, I miss the most popular cakes especially.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:53am
post #11 of 22

Yes, there have been other threads discussing this.
Heath has asked us wait until all changes have been made.....I don't think they are finished. You need to post this in the tech forum so he sees how many of us are not happy campers.
Just remember, he probably is still on his honeymoon......give them time to adjust to married life before we all go knocking on their door w/our complaints........a week or two at least! LOL

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:06am
post #12 of 22

Me too! I miss all those pics as well and I hope they would be willing to change back.

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:17am
post #13 of 22

I miss the old setup too! icon_sad.gif

volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #14 of 22

i miss the old version too..for some reason this new setup makes me not enjoy coming to the site as much..idk?

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #15 of 22

I agree...I also miss the old section.

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #16 of 22

I totally agree and miss the old setup. I had posted on this very topic back in May and after about three pages of people posting, CC locked the topic saying that the home page was under construction and it was not 'productive' to complain (http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=629676&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0). It was too bad, I don't think anyone was trying to complain but rather express their opinion, as are you all here.
Change is always difficult and it is good to try new things; however, I've spent several months now adjusting to the change and I have to say I still like the old set up better. I just gave you so much more to see.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #17 of 22

I so miss the old setup. I'm not as addicted to Cake Central as I used to be. :0(

maddiseeyore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddiseeyore Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #18 of 22

Oops, just read my post above. I meant to write IT gave you so much more to see, not I gave you so much more to see!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:33pm
post #19 of 22

I agree. I don't like this new set up that much. I don't go on here as much as I used to because of it.......

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:37pm
post #20 of 22

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got.

I say this all the time................ but I do like the old way better

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 12:38pm
post #21 of 22

I also liked the old way better. You could see more pictures a lot quicker than waiting for them to "flash" across the screen. It is true you can go to the galleries and see newest uploaded pics but I guess I'm lazy. I also miss the categories like for holidays.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%