Remember How There Usued To Be Like 4 Rows Of Pictures

Decorating By nickymom Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 3:06am by JanH

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #31 of 53

I vote for the old homepage too. I don't go on here as much as I used to either, because of the whole format change.

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:17pm
post #32 of 53

ME TOO. Please bring back the old format. I too do not spend as much time on here, it's just not as user friendly as before.

I 2nd the chant: ...OLD....HOME....PAGE.....OLD.....HOME....PAGE....

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:35pm
post #33 of 53

definitely a vote for the old home page! The scrolling bogs down my computer and makes it load slower! Though I do appreciate the work they've put into trying to improve the site icon_smile.gif

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #34 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

I also HATE change, it's not always for the best. I'm not on CC half of the time I used to be, I guess that could be a good thing I'm getting more things done. Hehehehehehe

icon_lol.gif Me too. I like the old way better.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 2:51pm
post #35 of 53

I, too, agree with everyone, and find myself spending less and less time on here. Please bring back the old home page!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #36 of 53

I like the old way too, but I like the new scrolling feature. Could we have both???

It would also be really nice to comment on more than one cake at a time, especially with the uncommented photos. Maybe like "check" or "select" 5 or so photos at once, open them and be able to comment on all of them at the same time. Just my .02 worth.

LaLuCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaLuCakes Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #37 of 53

Yep, I like the old home page better too!! Bring it back! And, had anyone noticed (maybe it's just me) that when I'm looking at a phote and I hit the back button it does nothing. If i double click the back button quickly it goes back to the main page and not just back one place. I have to use the thumbnail button or press the click the back button twice separated by a second or two.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 7:41pm
post #38 of 53

Here's another vote for the old format. I'm not getting as much inspiration from cake pics as I used to. I don't have enough time to look through the gallery.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 4 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

I'll start the chant.......OLD.. HOME ..PAGE......OLD.. HOME.. PAGE....OLD.. HOME.. PAGE!

Joining in with the OLD...HOME...PAGE chant! thumbs_up.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 7:50am
post #40 of 53

I prefer the old way too but...just an fyi...moderators are usually instructed to close these threads down thumbsdown.gif. It drives me nuts that people can't just express their frustration especially since we've been looking at this new format for a LONG time and it's human nature to want to talk about it and the way the "temporary" version has affected us over the past months...but at the same time it drives Heath nuts to hear the complaints because he has said numerous times that this is NOT the final version of the home page. So...no chanting needed, because it is NOT going to stay like this forever thumbs_up.gif. I too am anxiously awaiting the updated version because ITA with all of you - it has completely changed the way I use the site and look at pics...which is: I hardly do at all now. I know I should do it more but the old hp just drew you in more deeply and kind of inspired you to surf the pics. I know Heath is confident that we'll all like the final version. I think they are on their honeymoon right now so we need to give em some breathing room! icon_biggrin.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 1:44pm
post #41 of 53

Opps.....I'm bad.....Sorry

ceshell Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 5:59pm
post #42 of 53

I don't think you're bad icon_biggrin.gif. It's been like this for so long, it's natural to want to voice your opinion. I just wanted to warn you that they do that in case you wonder why it gets locked, if it does icon_rolleyes.gif. I know it's not the permanent layout, but I too wish they hadn't done it at all and had left it the way it WAS til they got the permanent layout figured out thumbsdown.gif.

But as the old saying goes, 'It is what it is' and at least we still have the forums! thumbs_up.gif

Geez, sorry for all the emoticons lol.

amy81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy81 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:08am
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLuCakes

Yep, I like the old home page better too!! Bring it back! And, had anyone noticed (maybe it's just me) that when I'm looking at a phote and I hit the back button it does nothing. If i double click the back button quickly it goes back to the main page and not just back one place. I have to use the thumbnail button or press the click the back button twice separated by a second or two.

I'm having the same problem with the back button. I have to hit it twice to go back one page. I thought maybe it was just my computer.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 12:23pm
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

You really have to go back to the galleries and veiw the last up-loads as pages are added almost every day.

This is how I viewed photos LONG before any changes were done. I don't miss any photos this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I don't even go to the main page anymore...I bookmarked the "search for new posts" and that's what I go to now.

Me, too. You could delete the home page and I'd never even miss it.

I hope others see the humorous irony in this thread. I recall thread after thread after thread of people voicing their "concerns" over photos that didn't stay on the home page very long, under the old format. So now photos are staying on the home page longer and there is "concern" that the pics are on there too long.

My, we ARE a fickle bunch, aren't we? icon_lol.gif

My vote is they can do anything they want on the home page .... since I rarely, if ever, am on that page anyway, it doesn't affect me, so it doesn't matter to me. I mean, it's not like you can't view all of the "latest uploads" from the gallery anyway, if you want to see the new pics. icon_rolleyes.gif

ceshell Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:49pm
post #45 of 53

Heehee, you are right Indydebi - although the thing I miss isn't so much the home page newest uploads (I agree: everyone should go to the galleries to see the last uploads, as you get a whole PAGE of them at once and EVERYONE gets a better chance of getting their stuff seen) - but I do miss the "today's popular" and "all time popular" pics. It was just fun to see those cycle thru and get a sense of which cakes are really grabbing everyone's attention.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:01pm
post #46 of 53

I hope others see the humorous irony in this thread. I recall thread after thread after thread of people voicing their "concerns" over photos that didn't stay on the home page very long, under the old format. So now photos are staying on the home page longer and there is "concern" that the pics are on there too long.

I was just thinking this!!!!!! and yes, laughing at it. at least this way, all it is is the new ones, and it might actually get people to look at the galleriers and see all the cakes rather than the 5 of the moment.

if your not happy, let them know in a pm - as has been said, these threads usually dont last - but they are a bit busy just now! no one likes change, but it usually all works out, we might just have to change ourselves a bit too.
xx

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:15pm
post #47 of 53

I agree, there is some irony here but that only applies to new uploads. I don't mind the scrolling and it's great that people get to see their cakes for a few more minutes. What I miss are the favorites of the day and all time favorites. Those cakes provided tons of inspiration and set the bar very high for the rest of us. Without those particular photos, this site loses a bit of it's uniqueness. There's tremendous talent here but it's getting lost in the current format. The end result is that the home page looks like every other cake board....average.

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

Heehee, you are right Indydebi - although the thing I miss isn't so much the home page newest uploads (I agree: everyone should go to the galleries to see the last uploads, as you get a whole PAGE of them at once and EVERYONE gets a better chance of getting their stuff seen) - but I do miss the "today's popular" and "all time popular" pics. It was just fun to see those cycle thru and get a sense of which cakes are really grabbing everyone's attention.

That is exactly why I miss the old layout. I just liked the variety. Some the all time popular pics are so hard to find with so many pages and pages in all of the different galleries, that we wouldn't get to see them otherwise. Not trying to complain... just sayin'.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:49pm
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

- but I do miss the "today's popular"

I always thought that was kind of a 'fixed contest' anyway. Since it's in the "Today's Popular" row, then more people clicked on it, making it even MORE popular, and squeezing out any other 'contenders for the title'. icon_rolleyes.gif So was it a popular cake? Or was it popular because it somehow landed in the popular row, keeping it on the screen more than other cakes and ergo eliciting more clicks than other cakes?

It's what I call Crazy-Making .... if you try to find the logic in it, you'll go crazy! icon_razz.gifdunce.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #50 of 53

in the galleries, you can view most popular, and recently commented (which in some cases means older, amzing pics), most saved, and most emailed, so you can still find the cream of the crop, alongside the latest uploads.
xx

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #51 of 53

I miss the old format, as well. Since the note at the top is gone, saying this was a work in progress, I think that this might be it!!
The favourites, the holiday row...all of it was great.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:29am
post #52 of 53

I just find myself not even looking at the pictures anymore icon_sad.gif and just going to the forum.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%