Venting, But Not About Cakes.

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 11:31pm by peg818

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 2

OK...so I know this is CAKEcentral, but I need to vent and get my frustrations out. This was the best place I can think of since you all give great advise and a comfy shoulder.

My Father remarried to who is now my Stepmother when I was 3 years old. I was never fond of her, you could say. We had many problems and to this day, there's a lot of tension between us. I'm 25 now, by the way. I always felt that her daughter had it better in the house. I mean, my father was always working so it was really my step-sister, step-mother, and myself in the house 75% of the time. I loved it when I went to go visit my Mother, because I always felt like an outcast in my Father's house. There were many, many...and many arguments between my Father and I because I don't think he understood how I felt. There was always favoritism towards my step-sister. My step-sister stopped contact with her Father...and my step-mother even considered that my Father legally adopt my step-sister!!

I used to work with my Father for 5 years, but left because of another argument between us and ended up not speaking to him for 2 years.
After those 2 years, we started speaking to each other again and things were the same as usual. Fast foward a few years- my step-sister started dating her current boyfriend a few months before I started dating my current husband. I married in February/2009 and ever since then, my step-mother has been making comments to my husband or about my husband. She's completely jealous that I am married, settled down, and bought a house. I believe she's jealous because her daughter has been dating her boyfriend for 4 years (on and off) and he hasn't even brought up the word marriage. I'm back working with my Father because last job closed their offices due to the economy. And guess what- it's not going too well. Everything I do is basically under a microscope and they're waiting to catch me in something, etc.

I'm so fed up that I don't even know what to do anymore. I have told my husband everything in my past about this situation, but he doesn't understand. He just keeps telling me "be patient".

Sorry that this is sooo long, but I had to get this off my chest to SOMEONE.
Thank you for reading...

-Nati

1 reply
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 2

Well, i know this is easier said then done. But you need to find a new job, so that you can keep family and your working situation separate.

The other stuff i can relate to. The only thing that has worked for me is to get my own life. I have a pretty decent step mom but their lives pretty much circle around her daughters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%