Pricing For Birthday Cake

Decorating By Honeychild Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 4:43pm by Honeychild

Honeychild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeychild Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 7

I know this question has been asked a lot on here but I just need to make sure I am not going to overprice or underprice a cake request for a birthday on July 24. The wife would like a Italia soccer jersey with a soccer ball, which would be an individual cake itself, sitting on the belly of the jersey. It is to feed 60 people. I would use all fondant for the cake decoration. What would be a fair price for this? I'm thinking $200 but is that too much for a birthday cake? I am thinking per serving between $3-3.50 so I'm rounding off to $200. What do you think??

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 7

sounds fair enough to me. your per serving price is what it is, if its too much for their budget, they wont pay it. if you lower your price, you arent being fair to your self.
xx

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 7

Sounds good to me! thumbs_up.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 7

Sounds good to me! thumbs_up.gif

Honeychild Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 7

You are both right, I will stick to $200. It will be a lot of work and I don't want to work for nothing. I am going to email the quote. If it's not within her budget than that's that! Thanks for your reply.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 7

So did you hear back from her about the quote? Are you making the cake?

Honeychild Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 7

I haven't heard back from her. Maybe she is shopping around but if I haven't heard back from by the end of the day, I'll know she's a dud. That's ok, it is really not worth all the work if you are doing it for peanuts anyway. I've told people on here the same thing so I need to practice what I preach!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%