Help With 3D Figures...

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 2:53am by sweettoothmom1

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 12:21am
post #1 of 3

Hello all! I'd like to start making 3D figures and I've never done it before. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated. What do you like to use? Fondant, gumpaste, or white modelling chocolate? I find the fondant is really soft to work with, but maybe I just have to get used to it. What do you use as glue? Any tutorials here on Cake Central?? I've seen the teddy bear one by Lorianne which is excellent. Is there any others? I have to make some 3D rubber duckies for a baby shower cake at the end of this month. Any other tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

2 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:40am
post #2 of 3

Hi! I am pretty new to caking, but if you look at my pictures I made people out of fondant and gum paste and it worked really well! I used toothpicks and linguini in it as support, and I built it from the bottom up over about 4 days, I made the feet and legs and put support in them and then let it dry over 24 hours and then made the torso and put it on and so forth! I used watered down gum tex as glue, but you can use watered down fondant or watered down gum paste! Hope that helps! :]

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 2:53am
post #3 of 3

lorraine mackay is an awsome teacher for these characters. seach for her on youtube. she has the same username--- aine2. it has a link to her site too. you'll be so motivated, you wont want to stop. she makes it look sooo easy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%