Cake Decorating Magazine

Decorating By juleeab Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm by newmansmom2004

juleeab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleeab Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 11

I really want to subscribe to a cake decorating magazine. What is your favorite cake magazine and why?

10 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 11

I like American Cake decorating magazine. It has instructions and photos.There are others too but thats the fisrt one I can think off
Edna icon_smile.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:26pm
post #3 of 11

I like American Cake decorating magazine. It has instructions and photos.There are others too but thats the fisrt one I can think off
Edna icon_smile.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 11

I've subscribed to three different ones...American Cake Decorating, one from England called Cake Craft & Decoration and one simply called Wedding Cakes, also from England.

My favorite by a mile is Wedding Cakes. It's chock full of beautiful cakes and I love sitting down and going slowly through the magazine looking at all the gorgeous photos. The other two magazines I felt were not worth the money. ACD doesn't have much in it that I find useful. CC&D is VERY old-fashioned in my opinion and the tutorials all seem to be how to make cakes using marzipan figures or - again - very old fashioned techniques.

The Wedding Cakes magazine is available at our local Barnes & Noble. It comes out four times a year, I believe it is.

newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 11

I've subscribed to three different ones...American Cake Decorating, one from England called Cake Craft & Decoration and one simply called Wedding Cakes, also from England.

My favorite by a mile is Wedding Cakes. It's chock full of beautiful cakes and I love sitting down and going slowly through the magazine looking at all the gorgeous photos. The other two magazines I felt were not worth the money. ACD doesn't have much in it that I find useful. CC&D is VERY old-fashioned in my opinion and the tutorials all seem to be how to make cakes using marzipan figures or - again - very old fashioned techniques.

The Wedding Cakes magazine is available at our local Barnes & Noble. It comes out four times a year, I believe it is.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:42pm
post #6 of 11

I was kind of dissapointed with ACD. It always came to my residence to late for me to try any of the seasonal cakes and not very much info I can apply or use. I have decided not to renew my subscription and to buy cake books instead.

Newmansmom2004, do you have a website for these other cake magazines you get?

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 11

I was kind of dissapointed with ACD. It always came to my residence to late for me to try any of the seasonal cakes and not very much info I can apply or use. I have decided not to renew my subscription and to buy cake books instead.

newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:53pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakin

You can find Wedding Cakes on Amazon. And if you google Cake Craft & Decorations you'll get some links for that one as well.

Julie

newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:

You can find Wedding Cakes on Amazon. And if you google Cake Craft & Decorations you'll get some links for that one as well.

Julie

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:54pm
post #10 of 11

I do not plan to renew my American Cake decorating mag. Always late (very frustrating)and it seems to be shrinking, less info that I can use also. I will have to try the Wedding Cakes mag.

newmansmom2004 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:55pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:

Julie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%