Any True Blood Fans Out There?

Lounge By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 2:01pm by jer702

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 28

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW!

Anyone else out there feels the same way? I haven't finished reading the books but I promise I will. I love the new season so much. My DH isn't into it, so please tell me there are people who like it on this forum so I can have someone else to talk to about this show.

Who's your favorite character? Mine is Lafayette and Eric. icon_smile.gif

27 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 28

I watch it and Eric is also my favorite. I was kind of worried about the new season, because I thought the first episode was terribly boring. Glad it picked up the second episode.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 28

do read the books icon_smile.gif. they are so very, very good!
charlaine harris has a couple of other book series that are really good too (not as good as good, but still really good).

i love (LOVE) the books but don't get hbo. they just came out on dvd, and i am getting those next week. i imagine, i will have lots to say, lol, after watching them because i am completely hooked on the books.

diane

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 28

drakegore, as far as I know Alan Ball has taken a lot of liberties with the show so I don't know if you will like it or not. Some avid book readers like it, others just take the books as they are and separate the show from it. I myself find BookSookie more appealing than TV!Sookie. Let us know what you think icon_smile.gif

maryjsgirl, things are really picking up though. icon_smile.gif Am so excited!

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 28

I love this show too! My husband is usually a fan of any movie/show/book about vampires so I thought it would be something we could watch together. But he doesn't like True Blood, he says it's too much like a soap opera ( I think he's WRONG). I loved every episode of the first season, but like maryjsgirl I found the first episode this season boring. I'm glad that hasn't been the case with the last two episodes. icon_lol.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 28

i absolutely LOVE true blood. never read the books, not sure if I am going to, but I am a TB fan!!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 28

I love, love the show. I'm currently on book 7, and I'm hooked. I will admit, the first couple books were good, but I was just able to set it down and walk away, but not anymore. I have 2 more books after this one (for now) and I will be pretty sad when its over. The show is amazing, I think the characters were picked perfectly and I'm dying to see how the season plays out.

jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 28

I love, love the show. I'm currently on book 7, and I'm hooked. I will admit, the first couple books were good, but I was just able to set it down and walk away, but not anymore. I have 2 more books after this one (for now) and I will be pretty sad when its over. The show is amazing, I think the characters were picked perfectly and I'm dying to see how the season plays out.

jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 28

jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 28

jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 28

jer702 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:29pm
post #12 of 28

jer702 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:01am
post #13 of 28

icon_biggrin.gif

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #14 of 28

i just checked out the TB website and am kinda disappointed with their choice to play eric. eric is my favorite character and in book 4 "dead to the world" he is mr. hot, lol. bear in mind, i have yet to see the actor eric in action, but he just doesn't look like the lust puppy of the books icon_smile.gif.

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:46am
post #15 of 28

i just checked out the TB website and am kinda disappointed with their choice to play eric. eric is my favorite character and in book 4 "dead to the world" he is mr. hot, lol. bear in mind, i have yet to see the actor eric in action, but he just doesn't look like the lust puppy of the books icon_smile.gif.

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:47am
post #16 of 28

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #17 of 28

jer702 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:01am
post #18 of 28

I absolutely love Eric in the book. I think my main disappointment with Eric in the show is his hair. I know it sounds really silly but they talk so much about his long blond hair, and I was very sad to see that they chopped it off.

So Sorry for the multiple post icon_redface.gif

jer702 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:02am
post #19 of 28

ooops

jer702 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:03am
post #20 of 28

icon_redface.gif

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:14am
post #21 of 28

ok, i wasn't going to admit it, but since you said it first, i was peeved about the hair too, lol.

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:15am
post #22 of 28

ok, i wasn't going to admit it, but since you said it first, i was peeved about the hair too, lol.

drakegore Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:16am
post #23 of 28

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #24 of 28

my boyfriend and I don't get much time to do anything together between work schedules and kids and whatnot. But every Sunday we make it a point to sit down together to watch this show. Sometimes we don't get to start it till after 11 at night, but we always watch it together...my fave character is Sookie. I haven't read the books yet, but would love too!!! (I'll have to wait till I can afford to get them, damn!)

d

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:36am
post #25 of 28

my boyfriend and I don't get much time to do anything together between work schedules and kids and whatnot. But every Sunday we make it a point to sit down together to watch this show. Sometimes we don't get to start it till after 11 at night, but we always watch it together...my fave character is Sookie. I haven't read the books yet, but would love too!!! (I'll have to wait till I can afford to get them, damn!)

d

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:48am
post #26 of 28

I happen to find TV!Eric very hot. Pam had to cut his hair on season 2 because... well... if you watch it you'll find out why, it was a very funny scene. I like the shorter hair too.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:49am
post #27 of 28

I happen to find TV!Eric very hot. Pam had to cut his hair on season 2 because... well... if you watch it you'll find out why, it was a very funny scene. I like the shorter hair too.

jer702 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:01pm
post #28 of 28

Gosh he is smoking icon_redface.gif He wasn't my favorite in season 1, but since reading the books he's jumped way up my list. Pam needs to figure out extension for his hair, cause I need it, its just not the same. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%