Boxes Or Something Else?

Decorating By Yankie Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm by claribelcakes

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 4

What do you use to bring cakes to your customers. I'm trying to figure out the best way to deliver the cakes to the customer.

Has anyone built anything inside their car to place the cakes while being transferred? I was thinking of having my husband build some kind of square box that I can place in the trunk where the cakes can just sit still. What do you all think?

3 replies
phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

I use a piece of the rubber mat that is for drawers. I buy it at the dollar store. It grips the bottom of the cake box or board and the cake doesn't move. I lay it down in my trunk and have never had a problem.

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 4

Phoufer, thats a good idea. Thanks

claribelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribelcakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 4

I think that is a fantastic idea!! I would love to have something built in the back of my car!

As for me, if its a smaller tiered cake I can get by with laying clean garbage bags on the floor of my car and then using no slip mats under my cakes which are placed in large baking tins to prevent slippage.

If the cake is too large however, I usually get someone from the family to drive me or accompany me to the venue while I hold the cake on my lap. Thats what I did this weekend with my pleated number.

I am definitely going to start looking into this trunk cake box idea though. Sounds awesome!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%