Quick Question

Decorating By Alioop12345 Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 5:02pm by Alioop12345

Alioop12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alioop12345 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

I made a sports ball cake (pretty large 11X15 sheet with a football, minisports ball pan baseball and a sports ball pan basketball pan on top) for my friend Michelle. I live in Indy and it's mid 80's today and tomorrow. I baked and froze the cake a few days ago. I thawed it last night and decorated it this morning. I have it all boxed up. My friend Michelle lives two hours away and is driving here tomorrow to pick it up, BUT, they are not serving it until Wednesday. I am not too worried about it drying out as I used the WASC recipe covered it buttercream and it was REALLY moist (almost too moist). Should I try to find room in my fridge and keep it in there until she leaves tomorrow? I told her that she needs to have her air on high on the way home.
TIA! There's a pic in my profile if you want to see.

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

i wouldn,t put in frig. it could cause it to dry out.. i usually close box good. and then, i put a piece of heavy foil over top and this closes up the gaps of the box. keep in cool room. and again her aircondition will be on in car. and in her home. each day, the cake will be better and better. i assume ,you are talking about american buttercream icing that you used.

Alioop12345 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

Yup, american buttercream. LOTS of sugar! LOL!
I am estimating about 50 servings. Does this sound right? Also, what would YOU charge for this? (I am not charging but we are bartering so I need an idea to exchange goods!) Thanks again!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

if its a two layer sheet cake, wiltons party servings gives you 60. plus what ever is in the ball pans - i dont know how many servings they give, but i think it does say on the instructions, if you still have them.
as a very vague, general pricing guide, bc usually starts at $2 a serving, but it depends on your area etc etc etc.
i would just keep it coverd and cooled - but i am not used to working in that heat.
xx

Alioop12345 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%