Anyone Ever Mix Tylose With Mff?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm by ttehan4

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 6

I just mixed up some extra mff with tylose to do some roses that I was short on. Does it work well with the MFF? I just used MFF for the first time on the wedding cake for the weekend and I love the fondant. So much easier than MMF. I just wanted to know if it will set up like Lodge gumpaste? Thanks All

5 replies
ladycake17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladycake17 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, I make my own MMF and I used tylose. I made a loop bow and was able to use it the next day, same way with a flower, I actually could use the flower in about 2 - 3 hours. I LOVE tylose. If you have any left, just store it like you would store fondant without tylose, and when you need it, just pop it in the microwave to soften it up. HTH

ttehan4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 6

Ive mixed tylose with MMF before but not Michele Fosters Fondant. Anyone use it with MFF? I added extra tylose, but it doesnt seem to be drying fast.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 6

Yes I have. Just the other day actually. It works fine, just like MMF. I use to use MMF all of the time UNTIL I tried MFF. Now that's all I use. It will do fine with MFF.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

I only use MFF - it works great with tylose, I use it all the time! Michele is the one who suggested to me originally a few years ago to do this.

ttehan4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 6

I always used mmf to then I tried MFF and it is so much better. Way better texture and taste. I think its easier too. No more gooey marshmallow mess!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%