Question About Storing Fondant

Decorating By lrlt2000 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm by Loucinda

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

I made lots of fondant pearl balls and was wondering what the best way is to store them. I store my bulk homemade fondant triple wrapped in the freezer, but I know I will be re-kneading, etc.

For these pearls, which I would just use from the container, do I store them out of the fridg/freezer? I bought some great Ball plastic freezer containers and they are an excellent size for stuff like this: http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=PG8200&bhcd2=1246029298

WDID?

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 6

I just keep mine in a container like that, keep them dry and clean (and not really air tight) they will stay nice for almost foerver!

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 6

If your going to be using them within the next couple of days, they will be fine sitting out at room temperature. let them dry and store them in a tupperware container until ready to use.

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 6

No, I am not planning on using them soon. How long are they 'okay'? I assumed they'd last for quite awhile airtight.

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 6

Most fondant will last 4-6 weeks if kept stored properly. I think you would be fine keeping them at room temperature... I never refridgerate my fondant.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 6

If they are dry and kept in a covered container, I am sure they will be good for more than a few weeks. (several online stores sell them already made and I am sure they don't make them fresh every 4 to 6 weeks)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%