Michael Jackson

Lounge By julia77 Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 2:25am by vww104

julia77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia77 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 23

Michael Jackson Dies
Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

LaToya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Story developing...

22 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 23

You know, I'm kind of upset about this. I don't know what the real truth is behind all his legal troubles, and he certainly was odd, but.......

I grew up with him, and he was a superstar. He had some truly great music and I'm going to miss knowing he's around. I was still hoping he'd have a truly great comeback album and now that won't happen. icon_cry.gif

Ok, now that I've dated myself.....I'll miss you, Mike!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 23

It is so sad...i just can't believe it. First Farrah Fawcett and no Michael Jackson.

JulyMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulyMama Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 23

Wow! this is just crazy, I've been watching CNN for about an hour and I'm still in shock!
First Ed McMahon yesterday, then Farrah and Michael today, it's been a tough 2 days for the celeb world!

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 23

Yes, it's a sad day. It was already sad for me as my youngest sister died 9 years ago today. Now Farah and Michael on the same day icon_cry.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 23

icon_sad.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #7 of 23

I am so sad. I was still hoping for that great comeback too. My ten year old is a big fan of his (old soul, lol), so he's bummed too. We just watched "Man in the Mirror" and "I'll Be There" which are his two favorites.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #8 of 23

I couldn't believe it when I read it. I am only 24, but I grew up listening to his music, too. I love MJ. A lot of people thought he was weird, along with all of the other allegations that surrounded him for the past decade or so. I am very upset to hear this news, especially out of nowhere. I pray his family has the strength to get through this. In a way, I am happy for him. So many people made speculations about his character, and it resulted in his living a reclusive life. He had to have been lonely. Just think how many people picked on him, all the time. I think he can finally be in peace. It's just sad that it took his death to accomplish peace.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:56am
post #9 of 23

such a sad and major loss for the music world. even though his personal life was thoroughly questionable, his talent certainly was not. he's finally found his peace, and really, that's all that matters now.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:40am
post #10 of 23

Legal issues and rumors aside, he was such a huge performer and I LOVED most of his music. I grew up with the thriller era. A very sad day and such a loss to the music industry! icon_sad.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:07am
post #11 of 23

My DH told me while I was still waking up... still in shock. this is just horrible...

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:24am
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Yes, it's a sad day. It was already sad for me as my youngest sister died 9 years ago today. Now Farah and Michael on the same day icon_cry.gif

I'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't know Michael Jackson nor Farah Fawcett personally but their passing has brought on a great sadness over me. They were a significant presence in my formative years and losing them, for reasons I don't even know, has created an empty feeling inside...not unlike the empty feeling left when a sibling passes.

Knowing that there will be so much crap said and speculations about Michael Jackson and the emotional turmoil his family, friends, and fans will be subjected to has made today seem .....you know how you feel when a storm is moving in...things darken...and you just feel like staying inside curled up on the couch or in bed?...just like that....truly saddened. icon_cry.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:03am
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

such a sad and major loss for the music world. even though his personal life was thoroughly questionable, his talent certainly was not. he's finally found his peace, and really, that's all that matters now.

Well said! Ditto to everything you said.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:51am
post #14 of 23

It was my DH's b-day yesterday, and we were all sitting on the couch watching CNN crying like we had lost our best friend(s). icon_sad.gif

Though I wasn't a fan of his later stuff, I can remember where I was & what I was doing when Thriller came out. And the video was amazing, scared the poop out of me!!

He was a great artist & influence to many. Very sad.

And poor Farrah.........her death got kinda shuffled into the background because of MJ's passing. Sad too. My DH had her red-bikini poster, he said he had fallen asleep many a night dreaming of Farrah.

icon_sad.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:09pm
post #15 of 23

You know, I was kinda stunned when I heard the news. I found out when dh came home from work and said he had passed, then also proceeded to tell me that so did Farrah. Earlier this week, we also lost Ed McMahon. I have always believed that bad things happen in threes. Here they are, the elderly, the sick, and the sudden.

I feel really bad about Michael Jackson though. A big thing in our household right about now. His music was a big thing when I was in high school, not so much around after that, but now, my kids are finding his music. It is kind of eerie how these things come to be.

My prayers go out to his family, and all of his fans.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:19pm
post #16 of 23

Yes..It was a surprise and a shock....I loved his music also but was saddened by all the allegations from years past.Reports have alluded that maybe all the prescription drugs he took for many years of plastic surgery "Go Wrongs" and other ailmemts etc may have been a contributing factor in his heart failure..Hmmm....Elvis died the same way....Such a tradegy!!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:32pm
post #17 of 23

This is just so sad, I feel like I have lost someone close to me!! Isn't it crazy how we become so connected to people we don't know. I grew up with him and it is just a huge loss for the music industry, his contributions were groundbreaking and enormous. Hopefully he is at peace now and I pray his family will be too. Farrah, well who didn't want to look like her, I know I did when I was a young girl, and I really wanted that hair!! Bless her heart, she had a long and brave struggle with cancer and unfortunately lost the battle. She will truly be missed.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #18 of 23

This is just so sad, I feel like I have lost someone close to me!! Isn't crazy how we become so connected to people we don't know. I grew up with him and it is just a huge loss for the music industry, his contributions were groundbreaking and enormous. Hopefully he is at peace now and I pray his family will be too. Farrah, well who didn't want to look like her, I know I did when I was a young girl, and I really wanted that hair!! Bless her heart, she had a long and brave struggle with cancer and unfortunately lost the battle. She will truly be missed.

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:32pm
post #19 of 23

What a week! I can't believe this. Al Roker said it perfectly this morning.... we lost an elderly, a sick, and an unexpected one. Ed, Farrah, and Michael. I normally don't watch TV, but I have been watching it all day.... so sad. I saw Michael Jackson in concert when I was in 6th grade... he was such a great entertainer. icon_sad.gif

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:27pm
post #20 of 23

The news of Ed, Farah, and MJ passing is so sad. I remember Farah onnd Charlie's Angels and thought she was so amazing until I saw her documentary and it really touched my heart. Ed had such a friendly spirit. Michael Jackson is what I knew growing up. I remember having his replica sequin glove and doing the moonwalk. So so sad.

This just proves that old, young, rich, poor or famous.....no "man" is promised tomorrow. We have to live our lives to the fullest and put God first.

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 5:41am
post #21 of 23

Just a devastating loss for the world.. Love him or hate him MJ is the one and only. Micheal will shine forever.... There will NEVER be anyone to accomplish what he has done for music, dance and the world... Words can't explain how I feel...Sadness, great sadness for this tragic loss of a legend icon_cry.gif

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 7:03am
post #22 of 23

THE KING OF POP
LL

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 2:25am
post #23 of 23

I grew up in the 1970's and I have loved, loved Michael and his brothers since I first saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show when I was no more than 5 or 6! I have loved them ever since. My heart is broken. I'm not big into celebrities at all, but today I actually cried. I'm so sad. I saw him in concert in 1988 and it was the most amazing concert I have ever seen in my life! Thank you MJ for the magic, the music and the memories.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%