Diamond Template Aftermath????

Decorating By BJ Updated 24 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm by tallgood

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:06am
post #1 of 6

I did my first attempt at the diamond pattern template on a BC iced cake. Through CC I was helped with how to do this - thank you all. I put the corn starch on the template before applying it to the cake (so the template wouldn't stick to the BC) - this worked great but now I have cornstarch left on the icing icon_eek.gif - how do I remove that????? The pattern came out perfect but the residue is a problem icon_confused.gif ..... This was just a 6" test cake but I have a wedding cake I need to do this on. Thanks for any help in advance.

5 replies
niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #2 of 6

as long as the BC has crusted, you can use a makeup brush (or any soft bristled brush) to brush it off

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:49am
post #3 of 6

Instead of corn starch, you could rub the template with some non-stick food spray. I usually just spray some onto a piece of wadded up kitchen paper towels and run that over the template before each use.

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 6

I've only used my template twice, but I didn't put anything on it. It didn't stick at all.

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:28pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for sharing your tips! I haven't used mine yet, but I really am itching to use it! And now I'll know how to! icon_biggrin.gif

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 6

I tried a template for the first time this past weekend and it stuck too. Somehow my icing never did crust, but it usually does. I didn't dust it either. I will readjust and try it again! Ooooo...more cake!

Cake was only for DH and me so not a big whoop! I would appreciate any tips too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%