Cake For 3 Year Old

Decorating By maude Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm by cad1951

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 3

Have a request for a 2 tier cake for a 3 yr. old. Only instructions are pink and purple flowers. Anyone have a picture of a cute cake to share. Thanks
Oh, and no fondant, BC only

2 replies
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 3

No offense, but what kind of three-year old wants a flower cake? Do the flowers have to be buttercream too or can you make the flowers from fondant? What about some cute butterflies on the cake?

cad1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cad1951 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 3

i use buttercream on all my cakes, but i make animals and figures from rolled buttercream. easy, lots of fun, how to videos on youtube. just form your figures and glue together with piping gel. need to let dry a little before putting pieces of forms together and need a couple days for figure to dry good. make the figures in advance when you have time, let dry couple days or whenever in non airtight container, put on cake when decorating cake. everything is edible and lots of oooohs and aaaaaahs. use any video for ideas to make figures, just use rolled buttercream icing to make them, glue together with piping gel, and figures are made in advance and will last til whenever you decide to use them. figures on my cakes are rolled buttercream. have fun! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%