Lost Cake Order

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 22 Aug 2005 , 10:17pm by nanni

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 5:15pm
post #31 of 36

Hey Cheryl,

Please don't let this get ya down Girl you do Awesome Work and I totally Understand where you are coming from but I have also learned that if I had better stick to my prices and chance loosing an order then to under sell my work and be mad at myself for cutting my self short (and being aggravited the whole time doing that cake.)
We all put a Lot of Thought and love into baking these cakes and making the icing Fresh and taking the time some times staying up til the weee hours of the next morning getting it just so and all because we want our cakes to be their best in looks and Taste! that is not something that you can go buy off of a shelf at any store.
You know I have said to some when they ask for the 1st time what my prices are.. "Well I can tell you this" I am HIGHER then Wal Mart " hahahha icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif But.. My cakes are different from theirs too. I was worried I ran off that order 2 weeks ago. but she came to my house said I want Scooby and I made it and she took it to the Church, She called me that night told me she fed it to the entire Church with my cake, and everyone LOVED it. That was the best Feeling ever. She said it was so worth the extra money and that She was handing out my number all night. icon_lol.gif

But I have learned that people dont always want taste they want to just have a party and have cake that doesnt cost much so that they can get out CHEAP. But we dont do CHEAP..hahaha.. We have Taste icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif Stick to your Water Guns and don't let this get you down icon_twisted.gif
Sorry for Rambling on and on.. haha..

~Sweet~ icon_rolleyes.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 5:56pm
post #32 of 36

thanks SweetCreations icon_smile.gif I think sometimes we think about lowering our prices to get business... but if you go into a bakery, they don't do this .. so I don't think we should either ... and you're exactly right... our cakes are fresh and taste so much better than quantity stores do ... so if a person is into taste, they'll buy from us .. if they into cheap, they'll do the quantity stores that really don't care about taste icon_smile.gif

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:10pm
post #33 of 36

Thought I piped in earlier but my reply isn't posted. Anyhow, just wanted to say that sometimes it's not PERSONAL. There's no disputing you all do great work and for that should reap the rewards. However, sometimes, and of course depending on the person, saving the difference by going with a lesser quality cake is a necessity. When I was a single mom of three, I didn't have the extra money for a "better" cake. And if I could save the 10, 20 or 30 dollars I would so I could spend it on a better gift or outing with the kids. And it has to especially harder on some people with prices going up on everything! So just remember, while you should not lower your prices, others just don't have the means.
-Dannie

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 6:23pm
post #34 of 36

Yes, I totally understand that too Dannie .. I was a divorced mother of 2 children and raised them totally on my own ... I learned how to stretch a dollar and I did the same, except I baked all my kids cakes myself to help save more for their gifts icon_smile.gif

this lady was a school teacher .. she and another school teacher were hosting a housewarming party .. so there were 2 people going in on the cake ..

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 10:12pm
post #35 of 36

Dannie,
I too understand this. & Totally would do the same thing. But I always loved baking cakes even before I learned the speicalitys to it. Its funny how creative we can truly be when your child looks at you as if you can DO ANYTHING! & What a wonderful feeling that is =0)~

~Sweet~ =0)

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 10:17pm
post #36 of 36

We all cut corners when we have to and that is truly the right thing to do-but you have those tightwads who would spend a fortune on something we consider goofy but then don't want to spend on something for someone else when they can certainly afford it-but like a friend of mine says-'THATS WHY THEY HAVE IT!" I applaud any parent that raises a child on their own! It takes more than anyone not in the same situation can ever imagine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%