Have To Rave About A Company....

Business By snarkybaker Updated 22 Jun 2009 , 8:51pm by cylstrial

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

Since in this day and age it is so rare to get really fabulous customer service, I thought I would relay this tale to all my CC peeps.

Just like everybody else, I am always looking for a good deal on my kitchen equipment, but when I decided to get a new food processor, I decided on one made by Magimix. The restaurant " gold standard" machine is Robot-Coupe, and Magimix is their smaller, home electric line. The only place that sells the large Magimix is Chef's Catalog - www.chefs.com, so I ponied up my $500 and bought the unit I wanted.

I loaned it to my step daughter and she returned it missing one of the blade attachments etc. I called chefs to try to buy replacement parts, and they told me that they didn't sell the parts I needed. I was pretty upset, BUT, then almost immediately the customer service rep said that they would be happy to replace the entire unit, and that she was emailing me out a return authorization label.

The Magimix is over 1 year old, so it is out of warranty, and the replaced the unit once already when my husband put the wrong attachment on the unit when he was trying to make salsa and stripped the center post last summer.

Two replacements in 18 months, both at no charge, not even shipping. More importantly, to me at least, I didn't have to cajole or wait on hold or talk to a manager. The customer service rep just took care of it.

With as busy as I am, the time I saved by not having to deal with this is so valuable that I, for one, will never buy kitchen equipment from anyplace else again.

2 replies
Kaiah723 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaiah723 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 3

Thats awesome how helpful they were to you no once but twice! I totally agree, now-a-days great customer service with polite, helpful representatives is very hard to come by!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 3

Wow! That is awesome! And seriously, great customer service! It's nice that a company actually realizes that you are keeping them in business!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%