I Need Awesome Creative Cake Flavors!

Decorating By Katilia Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 3:29pm by cs_confections

Katilia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katilia Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hey guys, I'm having baker's block. I need to come up with some different flavors for a tasting and I can't think of any!!!!
I would deeply appreciate it if any of you could share some awesome recipes with me.

I need creative flavors, like exotic or decadent flavors. I already looked at the recipes section of the website but I still couldn't figure out what I wanted to do, I need some ideas, I don't want to just offer the bride white or chocolate ya know?

Freakishly chocolate would be nice lol. Anyway, I'm setting up the date for the tasting tonight and I wanted to have some ideas to throw at her, so if you've made a unique cake that everyone loved please help! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
wandapoo75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandapoo75 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 6

There's a post at the top of this board called Gourmet cake flavors. You should be able to find some ideas there!

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 6

Just made this for my sister's wedding, and have had TONS of raves and requests for recipe. (only I omitted the coconut due to groom's allergy.)

Also, this is the way the recipe was found, BUT it does not fill 3 pans...it only makes 6.25 cups of batter.

Key Lime Cake w/Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients
21/2 c. flour
2 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3 eggs
1 c. canola oil
1 cup key lime juice (freshly squeezed)
3?4 cup sour cream
2 T. key lime zest
1?2 (14oz.) bag sweetened flaked coconut toasted

Prep

Spray 3 nine inch round cake pans with non stick baking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer bowl Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. To the dry mixture add eggs, oil and lime juice mix on medium until creamy, about one minute and remember to scrape the sides. Lastly add sour cream and zest just mix until combined and smooth, also about a minute. Pour cake batter evenly into cake pans and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.

When done allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then turn cakes out onto cooling racks let stand to cool completely about 1 hour , then using a long bread knife slice each layer in half. I will sometimes put the cake into the freezer for about thirty minutes to make it easier to cut. Now ice all layers of the cake with cream cheese and stack. When cake centers are iced then ice entire cake with cream cheese icing and garnish with toasted coconut all around the out side. Garnish with fresh lime slices cut in half three on the top right in the center to resemble a flower Cream cheese icing to follow.

Key Lime Cream cheese icing

2 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened

3?4 c. butter softened

2 T. milk

1 T. Key lime zest

1?4 c. key lime juice

1 T. vanilla extract

2 1?2 lbs confectioners sugar

In a mixer cream together cream cheese and butter. Then add milk mix on high for about 30 seconds then put mixer on low. Then add vanilla and key lime juice while mixing and slowly add confectioners sugar mix until creamy and spreadable, fold in zest and ice cake.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 6

What about neopolitan? Just like the ice cream, it has vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate.

cakesnkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnkisses Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 6

What about dark chocolate w/ a raspberry mousse filling????
Chocolate w/ Peanut butter filling???
Pina colada cake w/ pineapple filling????

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandapoo75

There's a post at the top of this board called Gourmet cake flavors. You should be able to find some ideas there!

The links to the google docs for all the combinations and recipes are:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_47fw2jh4hp
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

They are full of old favorites as well as many new and different combinations/flavors. The thread is Help Gourmet Flavors. So far, I've only had the chance to make one thing from this thread: the banana split cake. Too many people like plain jane flavors icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%