Cheesecake-Y Dessert With Fresh Fruit?

Lounge By shelbur10 Updated 19 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm by -Tubbs

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:05am
post #1 of 9

I need to make a dessert for a family cookout this weekend and my DH has respectfully requested that it not be cake. icon_eek.gif
I was thinking of some kind of no-bake cheesecake with fresh tropical fruit. I don't want to have bake the cheesecake, because I don't want the fruit cooked in it. Does anyone have any recipes that would work for this? I'm thinking about something similar to JellO No Bake Cheesecake, but I'd rather do something from scratch. Thanks for the help!

8 replies
maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #2 of 9

You could make a fruit pizza.

If your family likes lemon this is a yummy pie and refreshing for the summer.

Ingredients

* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoons lemon zest
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 prepared graham cracker crust

Directions

Combine the cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.

shelbur10 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 9

Great idea, thank you so much! That pie sounds so good, I'll bet it would be great with some fresh berries!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:03am
post #4 of 9

What about creme bruele? Make up in advance and top it with a few fresh berries.

You could make a lemon curd and take part of it and fold it into the no bake cheesecake (with-out the crust) in a mixing bowl. If you need to add in some whipped up heavy whipping cream. Take little plastic cups with raspberries (or whatever other fruit you'd like) in the bottom and pipe in the creamed mixture and top with some more berries. Voila! Individual servings and easy to do.

or you could do a triffle, cheesecake stuffed strawberries or cheesecake in a chocolate cup.

shelbur10 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #5 of 9

Wonderful ideas!! Whatever would I do without CC? I did a trifle at the last family cookout, so I was looking for something new & exciting and man, have you guys got me moving in the right direction now!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:21am
post #6 of 9

You could also do a puff pastry tart filled and topped with berries, or puff pastry cut into strips, and then split open to make 3 layers so it would be from bottom to top : puff pastry - creamy filling -- strawberries--puff pastry --creamy filling -- strawberries -- puff pastry --sprinkle with powdered sugar and lightly drizzle with a chocolate or dessert glaze/sauce,

If the filling is light it usually works best. If I remember correctly this is the strawberry nepolian recipe on the side of the puff pastry box. the mixture the use is a box of pudding mixed with 1 cup of milk and another amount (I think it's more than a cup???) of sweetened heavy cream that is folded in.

It's really easy to do and always gets wows whenever I make it. You could easily do a creamy cheesecake mixture with some kind of heavy cream folded in with a flavoring to make it lighter.

If you want the recipe and can't find it I'll pm it to you. I have it in a binded folder of recipes that are tried and true.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #7 of 9

One of the first desserts that I make for family functions that goes the fastest is a fruit pizza.

It is just pre made sugar cookie dough spread in a tart pan and baked until golden brown. You could use home made cookie dough but I've always used the pre made stuff.

I take a block of cream cheese and add a little powder sugar, about a 1/4c and a little vanilla to it and spread it on the cooled 'crust'.

Top with any fruits you want. icon_smile.gif

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 12:12pm
post #8 of 9

I know you said you didn't want to bake anything, but these cheesecake cookies quick, easy and taste great. Put a little fruit on top and they are to-die-for.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Cheesecake-Cookies-8166

PS: reduce the amount of lemon juice or they will taste like lemon bars.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

I make that lemon dessert too - it's delicious!!

Another idea for you. I did a three tier pavlova for my DH's birthday a few days ago. I drew around 10, 8 and 6 inch pans onto parchment, flipped the parchment and then spread meringue to the shape and piped little blobs all around the edges. I baked the meringue until crisp on the outside, but still slightly chewy inside. I spread with whipped cream and topped with strawberries and raspberries which I'd mixed with a little sugar to get that yummy syrup (mmm). Then I stacked them, separating them with those little plastic pizza box prongs. Looked like a cake, but was a spectacular, delicious dessert. It was a huge hit, so I'm doing another one this weekend for a friend's leaving party - this one will have tropical fruit layers too!

Hope the party's fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%