Bridal Shower Cupcake Idea Help

Baking By Mylittleflutterby Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 2:19am by cakeinthebox4U

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone!

My mom and I are hosting a bridal shower for my future sister in law at the end of July and I wanted make cupcakes and put them on a stand but can not come up with an idea for a theme or colours. Our bridesmaid dresses are chocolate brown and the only other colour that I know of in the wedding is the slightly off white colour of her dress. I am going to call her and find out what kind of flowers she will be carrying, but I am not sure I would know how to make the flowers

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated

3 replies
cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:11am
post #2 of 4

what about getting an impression matt and using it with chocolate fondant? Depending on the design of the matt you could then just overpipe with white/ivory icing a specific detail of the design??

here is a link so some that use an impression matt. They don't have the overpipe but I think you get the idea icon_wink.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1384697

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 4

Wow those are gorgeous! Are the impression molds hard to work with? I am pretty new to the world of decorating and have never worked with fondant.

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 4

Nope super easy. The one I have you just roll the fondant onto it lift and voila! I think you can also buy rollers that have the patterns on them that you just roll onto the fondant - really easy but gives a great look.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%