Decorating Class

Decorating By shannonmoody15 Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 8:22pm by shannonmoody15

shannonmoody15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmoody15 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 5

i am signing up for a wilton class 1, what is normally the supplies needed for the class?

4 replies
lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

When I signed up to take Course I at Michael's, they gave me a list of basic supplies and icing to bring. Can't remember everything, but you may want to see if you can get a list from wherever you're taking the class.

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 5

I believe they have a course kit for 1, 2, and three. I found having extra decorating bags offset spatulas were helpful.

mom2abc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2abc Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 5

For the first class of Course 1, you only need to bring your kit. You will find out at the end of that class what you need for the next week. I ended up getting a case to hold all the tips, bags, etc really quick. What worked for me was to buy as I went. If you are doing it at Michael's, don't forget to bring the weekly coupon for 40 - 50% off. That helped a LOT! Good luck.

shannonmoody15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmoody15 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 8:22pm
post #5 of 5

thanks you guys, i recenty found this web site, and i have been making simple cakes and desserts all my life but i have always wanted to take it further. im so glad i found cc, ive been reading the forums and looking at the galleries and you guys are great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%