post #31 of 43

Mine does...

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:42am
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Well since RylanTy brought up the "coco" sculpture...........I just looked at it........I'm a woman in my mid forties and I'm a little embarrassed to ask..........but...............what are the red jelly bean things supposed to represent? icon_redface.gif I'm pretty sure I don't have those........do I? icon_confused.gif

Seriously, don't ask. It's been 3 days since I looked at those coco parts and I'm still having nightmares about it. icon_cry.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:25pm
post #34 of 43

You guys crack me up! I LOVE that kitty picture........

Bellattheball.............I know what you mean for some reason I dreamt about chocolate and jelly beans last night! icon_confused.gif just kiddin!! icon_lol.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #35 of 43

^^ I wish I were.....

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:23pm
post #36 of 43

Art is in the eye of the beholder, I do not bash anyone for their likes/dislikes in that arena.

My problem with her is her disrespect - for those around her, for the kitchen she was working in.......

If she IS on another challenge, I won't watch it - and I will tell the food network why. I have given her publicity here - discussing her on CC - but I will not visit her site nor watch her again.

RylanTy - she is lucky to have you as a friend.....you can tell you are very passionate about the things you care about!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:41pm
post #37 of 43

That's my whole thing. The disrespect for the other competitors and for the judges, the audience, us at home, all of mankind for that matter. This isn't her first time. She should know how to act properly.

Unless.....FN gave her free reign and said "act like a pig and trash our set" cuz we know we'll get good ratings. I just can't imagine a conversation going something like "Ok Mrs. Vincent, yes, Stevie is on the show this time. Oh we knooooooow you guys don't get along and she would like to skewer you with a strawberry kabob. But, bear with us, it will be fun! Disrespectful to the whole cake decorating industry and the clean neat folks who make great cakes out there? Yes yes...we know, it will be disgraceful. But it will make for great tv! Suck it up Mrs. Vincent, and remember...she's an ARTIST! So keep an open mind! Don't eat any of it though!"

Oh yes. I'm quite sure that's how the sum of the conversation went. Quite sure.

On the other hand, it may have ended with Mrs. Vincent saying "We need to talk about my contract." icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #38 of 43

I may never forgive you people for getting me to look at that...that... {shiver}

I may never eat red jelly beans again.
The phrase, "you can't unring a bell" comes to mind.

As for Stevie. I don't consider her a cake decorator. Having an degree in fine art myself, I can not honestly say what she is. She may be just an artist using cake as a medium for her art. But her attitude and extreme messiness and drama make me wonder if she's not one of those people who are more in love with the IDEA of being an artist, as opposed to an actual artist. People like that often tend to take on the stereotypical traits they associate with artists, like mess, drama, attitude, poor hygene. When in actuality, most of the REAL artists I know are none of those things.

All part of the demise of the Food Network. Used to be about serious cooking. Now it's all about game shows, reality shows and personalities.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 9:41pm
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

.... make me wonder if she's not one of those people who are more in love with the IDEA of being an artist, as opposed to an actual artist.

Excellent observation! I know a photographer (non-professional) like that. He shot a wedding and showed up in knee-length shorts, an Hawaiian shirt and a ball cap on backwards. Definitely doing the "I am an ar-TEEST!" thing.

But it was a WEDDING! A very formal affair and an important day in this couple's lives. He totally disrespected them.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 10:22pm
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

.... make me wonder if she's not one of those people who are more in love with the IDEA of being an artist, as opposed to an actual artist.

Excellent observation! I know a photographer (non-professional) like that. He shot a wedding and showed up in knee-length shorts, an Hawaiian shirt and a ball cap on backwards. Definitely doing the "I am an ar-TEEST!" thing.

But it was a WEDDING! A very formal affair and an important day in this couple's lives. He totally disrespected them.

My DH has an Uncle that did that recently!........this time I'm NOT kidding icon_rolleyes.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:53pm
post #41 of 43

I just have two things to say -

1. She really doesn't like Kerry Vincent.
and 2. Man, was her kitchen super messy!!!!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #42 of 43

i loved (read sarcasm) how Stevie chucked an aluminum pan on the floor in front of her kitchen and yelled, "Runner!"

I would've looked at her like she was sane...(because I'm sure you can't look at a crazy person like they're crazy or they just wouldn't get it. ya know?)

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 10:42pm
post #43 of 43

I'm sorry, but she is one of those people who think they can throw caca all over the walls like a monkey and call herself an "artist".
She is a weirdo. Her cake was disgusting. She's mentally unbalanced. I have no idea why anyone would support her or think her work was even worth looking at.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%