Self Adhesive Cake Circle Foil

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 18 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm by __Jamie__

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 9:37am
post #1 of 13

Hey All,
Can anyone tell me where I can go and purchase the cake circle self adhesive foil. Like the kind Sugar Shack uses in her Successful stacking dvd?

12 replies
AngiesIdea Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 13

Anybody?????

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 13

I've never heard of it before, but don't own the dvd either. Why don't you contact her and find out where she gets hers..she is a CC member.

AngiesIdea Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I've never heard of it before, but don't own the dvd either. Why don't you contact her and find out where she gets hers..she is a CC member.

yeah she is but I thought maybe someone else might be able to tell me quicker. I know she gets really busy doing things. Thanks!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 13

I just use the fanci foil and a glue stick.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 13

If you're talking about covering cake circles between cakes, I'm pretty sure that Sharon used Glad Press n' Seal to do that--not any type of foil.

My 2 cents is that the saran or foil can be shredded during cake cutting and come up with the slice of cake, so I don't cover cake circles. I cut my underboards from foamcore, instead. The paper surface on that is extremely difficult to cut, even when it's been under a cake tier for awhile.

HTH
Rae

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 13

When I cover a board with foil, I use silver metallic self-adhesive contac paper that I find at Lowes. I would imagine that any home-improvement store would carry it.

here is a link:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124826-133-00-25844-03

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

When I cover a board with foil, I use silver metallic self-adhesive contac paper that I find at Lowes. I would imagine that any home-improvement store would carry it.

here is a link:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=124826-133-00-25844-03

Great stuff,but obviously NOT for boards between tiers, or boards on which a cake will sit directly.
Colored and metallic Contact papers have lead in the colors and must have barrier between it and food to be eaten.

Rae

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:48pm
post #9 of 13

Yes, definitely NOT food safe....

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

here is a link:

Great stuff,but obviously NOT for boards between tiers, or boards on which a cake will sit directly.
Colored and metallic Contact papers have lead in the colors and must have barrier between it and food to be eaten.

Rae

you're right...I only use it for the base board & my cakes are always on a cake circle. I read the post too fast & didn't realize a cake would be sitting on it. thumbs_up.gif

AngiesIdea Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 5:48am
post #11 of 13

Thanks everyone! I purchased the press n seal paper. Thanks Blakes Cakes!

Angie

DollyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DollyCakes Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #12 of 13

We use fanci foil and a can of spray adhesive...works like a charm! We don't cover our cake circles in between tiers...never been an issue.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm
post #13 of 13

I have her DVD, watched it quite a lot....I don't remember anything about self adhesive foil.....I think you're thinking of Press n Seal for the foam core.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%