I'm So Excited And Only Cc'ers Will Understand

Decorating By tanya1120 Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 12:44am by mackeymom

tanya1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanya1120 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 16

I was helping my boyfriend's mom move over the weekend and she gave me this box and said "here you can have this." I didn't know what it was until I got home and opened it. It was a box full of cake decorating supplies!! I was so excited. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. icon_biggrin.gif It was mostly stuff from like the 80's and 90's but who cares? I now have a full decorating tip set, which I only had a few tips to work with when I first started. I have bake even strips, which I have always wanted but couldn't get because of a fixed income. A trim and turn cake turn table, which is a lot better than my home made put the cake board on a big pot and spin that. And a whole bunch of other stuff like stencils, patterns, Wilton yearbooks, candy molds, parchment bags, and more!! I feel like baking now!! icon_biggrin.gif Now I don't have to ask for this stuff for my birthday. I could tell my friends but they wouldn't understand like you guys would. Thanks for listening, I just had to tell someone how excited I am.

15 replies
misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 16

OOH...so fun! Cake toys the best! But this is an expensive hobby. Glad to hear you got a big box of fun. Now go bake and take some pictures so we can all see!

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 16

What a goldmine! Now you'll really get hooked on cake decorating since you have more toys. Have fun.

tanya1120 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 16

I'm already hooked on it. It is so fun!! People at work are going to be so happy..they might just get a cake everyday..lol

Arabus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arabus Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 16

wow!! i know how you feel i got given a whole box of stuff too, by a lady who did cakes a while ago it's is so exciting.
Enjoy trying them all out.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 16

I'm glad you are happy =]

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 16

congrats on your new cake toys.. great surprise!!!

silversurferin67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silversurferin67 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 16

Enjoy it! icon_smile.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 16

That's better than Christmas or a birthday - you didn't have to get anyone else anything and you didn't have to turn a year older!! icon_lol.gif And you're right, only we would understand the shere joy you got opening that box! I am very happy for you. Enjoy all your new, free! toys!

Melissa

tanya1120 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #10 of 16

Yes, I was really excited. I definitely did not expect that! I knew my boyfriend's mom did cakes a long time ago but I never knew she had so much cake decorating supplies. I was so thankful she gave all that stuff to me!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:53pm
post #11 of 16

That is a very cool surprise......kinda how I got into this too!

My baby sis's best friend passed away icon_sad.gif My baby sis was one who went and helped clean out Bev's home. She knew I "dabbled" in the cake stuff, so she packed all of Bev's cake tools (TONS of things) and I received them as my christmas gift 4 years ago. Bev's family was thrilled that her things were put to use once again. I really appreciated the gift, and my sis thinks of her good friend every time I bring them a beautiful cake. icon_smile.gif

Now, you have the chance to pay it forward with all the nice cakes you will be able to do!!! Congratulations!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:58pm
post #12 of 16

That is really sweet! sounds like a Thank You cake to me and a perfect time to dive in to that stuff! Yay!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #13 of 16

Cograts! Have fun with the new toys! thumbs_up.gif

jojocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojocakes Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:17am
post #14 of 16

I too ask for cake stuff for my birthday and Mothers day, etc. ever since I started decorating. That's so funny. I'm so happy for you... can't wait to see your cakes. Happy Caking.

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:20am
post #15 of 16

Wow, that is great!!! Have fun!!

mackeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mackeymom Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #16 of 16

That was good karma! You helped and the universe rewarded you! Now go make the universe some cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%