Cake Pattern Question

Decorating By alabamadecorator Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 1:16pm by tiggy2

alabamadecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alabamadecorator Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a wedding cake, and the deisgn on the cake some kind of scroll, tribal pattern, and it repeats itslef on the way around each tier and is the same on every tier. It is very pretty, but i need to know how to put a pattern on a cake , so that it is repitious and that each of them match and are exactly the same, any ideas. The cake is all white bc and the pattern(scroll) has to be black, and i just dont know if i can do this. I need some help PLEASE!!! Thanks For your time!

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 3

The only way that I can tell you to do is pretty tedious. Print the design on computer paper. And then take a pin and punch through the paper into the cake, with the pin. It will leave little pin marks all over the cake. Then you can pipe and follow the pattern. Hope this helps.

P.S. You can make as may pin holes as you want. So you can make lots and put them close together, or you can space them out so that it won't take as long to do. Just do what's best for you!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 3

Wilton also has a scroll pattern press set that you imprint with then go over it with BC or royal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%