"mama Mia" Sos........

Decorating By Snotface14 Updated 21 Jun 2009 , 11:20am by Snotface14

Snotface14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snotface14 Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 6:54am
post #1 of 6

My friends 7 year old daughter is totally hooked on the Mama Mia movie at the moment and has asked me to make her a Mama Mia cake for her birthday.......Thats pretty much where I got stuck lol

I just can't think of anything so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've asked her to draw me a picture of what she wants her cake to look like but to be honest I don't think she really has a clue either...

Cheers Andi

5 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 6

Love the movie myself, but can't think of a way to translate it to cake.

maybe the beach?
maybe the mosaic of the goddess (can't think of her name) that was in the patio...the one where the water came up at the end-that might do on a round cake.
maybe the big platform shoes from the costumes?
maybe a rowboat or the three letters to the "dads"???

Tartacadabra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tartacadabra Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 6

Like Poohsmamma already says I would do something like the big platform shoe, that is very recognizable and also one of the great moments of the movie, everyone with recognize that!!
And something like in big flashy letters Mama Mia icon_wink.gif

Good luck!!

Snotface14 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 10:43am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the ideas, the platforms may be the way to go I love the movie to but just couldn't see it as a cake..... Now to work out how to make a shoe lol

kgyurisin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kgyurisin Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #5 of 6

I would go with the silhouette, of the three singers in their bell-bottoms. (at the end of the movie) kinda like the charlie's angels silhouette?

Snotface14 Posted 21 Jun 2009 , 11:20am
post #6 of 6

Ohhh thats a great idea!!! I spoke to Sam about how she thought the cake might look and she didn't seem to know either but thought it might have shooting start on it (go figure???) so that could look quite cool with the silhouette idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%